Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lamers

System_Overload
    You all bring up good points. Now that im really thinking about it. Putting up a test would not be such a good idea. For one it is almost like the cyberarmy.com's Zebulun. I have been a member there for 3 years, and I know how easy it is to cheat. Im going to go with freeOn idea and just Lame newbies not make them feel welcome, and if that does not work maybe we could look into some other options to make them go away and never come back... lildevil:

System_Overload

System_Overload

Thumbs up

stflook that was the longest and best relpy I have seen today...

System_Overload

A lot of people just keep an eye on Antionline and do little or no posting.
    There seems to be alot of Guests that is just looking around.
    A number of users are System Admins like myself.
    I keep an eye on a number of security sites not just Antionline
    In a lot of cases I have kept the "Crackers" at bay from the
    servers that I maintain just by lurking around...

I admit some of my posts are Lame, but we all need a laugh now and then....
    But how do you determin a Lamer ?
    Maybe this Lamer need some help in something in computer security...
    Who knows...
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

System_Overload

Thumbs up

I say a lamer is a person that says he/she is a hacker, but yet turns around the next day and asks how to hack into hot mail......

stflook has spoken well to this issue. The problem won't go away so develop coping mechanisms.

I'll tell you a couple of things worse than tolerating lamers on discussion boards.

1) You go to one of your favorite store that sells computer or electronic products. You are involved in a discussion with one of the senior guys there about something and - here he comes! <hey man can you get me some xxxxxx> Your heart sinks. The salesguy knows he is a loser but he's gotta help him. You wait while overhearing snippets like <yeah well I know a LOT about computers dude> <oh yeah well I'm a networking guru> etc.

2) You are at a business expo or computer type show and larry lamer comes up <hey do you know anything about this?> You look desperately for an escape, even briefly considering diving into one of the large display units. <yeah well I work at xyz and we did zzzzz with that zzzzz.> It goes on <Say where do you work,, you now I think I know someone there...>

3) You are called by someone you know who hs just been informed by a wannabee that everything you were trying to tell them to fix their system is wrong and he sure sounded like he knew what he was talking about......
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Sorry system_OVERLOAD i was half asleep at the time but what i meant was that people should have to take a test to be a member of this page.(Im not exactly a person who can get my thoughts on paper)
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Noble Hamlet
    You are all lamers, hence the stupid thread, work away fools, nobody cares.

Put NH on ignore everyone his promise to have a new attitude and his past apoligies have been negated by him realising that he will never have any respect here as long as he maintains this kind of attitude. Here is his public apology he was shamed into giving:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...752#post448752

NobleHamlet I take it you are now retracting said apology?

Noble Hamlet
    The apology was false and hollow, like you.

An empty formula is an apt name.

I agree with stflook !

The best thing we can do is to live with the problem and educate those interested in learning. Moderated forums and read only forums would maybe be a good idea, but educate and ignore bad users are probably the best way to go.