by the love of convenience. Imagine! You can
    go to the store, put your items in a bag, and walk
    out! It will automatically be billed to your credit
    card. Most people will insist that it be instituted
    as soon as it becomes feasible, stampeding
    over the concerns of the minority.
    They aren't concerned for their privacy,and don't understand
    why you are concerned for yours.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

What if SchNEWS told you that the world's most sophisticated database of facial images was being set up in Britain...without any legislation, parliamentary oversight or public consultation - not even a polite chat with the Data Protection Registrar. Welcome to the ultimate I.D. card.
    Scary thougth huh!? the rest of the article

Wow some scary stuff.
    Makes you think about how many people (if this thing gets in place) will be stampeding by the "checkout" lines not even remember that it gets billed...
    But how does it know to bill to YOUR credit card?
    And as I read this I began to think: what if someone got hold of one of those things that scans your 5cent dog tags? So you buy a product that costs $5...by the time you get home you have spent $20 because of people that have 'em.
    Not cool....not cool at all.
    (more reasons but you guys basicaly sumed it all up above)
    To be God is to be Root, if someone is erking you just type: rm -d /home/heathen

I think ac1dsp3ctrum is planning a heist!

Banned
    Shhh.. Dont tell anyone

lol it's a serious problem i love my privacy it's the only thing i really have/had and now it's gonna be invaded alright here in holland it's not as worse as in the USA i hate that **** and how many terrorist will they get with tag food in a store OMG they arrest some stupid shoplifter hell with it :s
    hip hop rules

1. I am doing nothing illegal (most of the time, lol) so I have no need to worry

have you ever done anything in the past and gotten away with it (no matter how large or small) and looking back on it later on thought it was a foolish move, because it could have put a black mark on your record. I think most of us here have. i mean were only human. in a couple of years no one will get away with anything, the complete surpression of the rebelious youth, what will that be like.
    Of course to keep nasty ideas from corrupting our youth, many books will have to be banned and destroyed. And films must only promote the concept of unity. Any ideas to the contrary will only get our sons and daughters in trouble, because they will be punnished if they step out of line.
    If you think this is paranoia you haven't been reading the news.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Orwellian I must admit.....its the whole reason I arm myself with computer knowledge..to find loopholes in a situation like this. The only way we can protect our privacy is with the know how to evade such policies.

Its a cross between "1984" and the Book of Revelation..SHEESH

I've always been on a quest to be as anonymous as possible, mostly just cause I wtch too many spy movies. Depending on what frequencies these tihngs work at, I suspect a bit of tin foil would help keep you John Doe
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.