Thread: well this is interesting

Banned

well this is interesting

well
    i was bored and began thinking if your traveling in car at 60ks an hour and theirs a fly its also traveling at 60ks an hour just accept it im not going into frames of referencenow does the same exist for electricity as you all should know electricity travels at the speed of light now if it was traveling at 60 ks in a car would it therefore be breaking the speed of ligtw which well all know is imposible accordintg to the theroy of erelativity so well just give me ur thoughts its probably all wrong knowing me hehe well
    have fun thinkin again

Riot -

I am no physist but I think I see the issue here....

Electricty does not travel at the speed of light, it travels at a rate depent on the resistance of the material thru which it travels...at least that is my understanding.

But in truth, light speed physics kinda blows my mind...I just accept it and move on as it were.
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Banned
    Here's some interesting links on the topic:

http://newton.dep.anl.gov/newton/ask.../eng/ENG51.HTM

http://www.amasci.com/miscon/speed.html

Sounds to me like your theory has got a flaw in it:

Let's say electricity travels at the speed of light. Now, let's say you're in a car that goes 60 km/h. Then, according to your theory, the electricity in your car travels at 300.000m/s + 60km/h: faster than light, that is...

This, of course, depends on your point of view (literally): You, in your car, would see the electricity travel at the speed of light. Someone standing next to the road would see the electricity travel at the speed of light PLUS 60 km/h. Someone crossing you in a car (at 100 km/h) would see the electricity travel at the speed of light PLUS 160 km/h...

Just imagine how fast the electricity in your car travels viewed from the moon...

Nice theory, but it's like saying that I can run 120 km/h (I'm sure I could run 10 km/h in a train going 110 km/h), if you get my point...

Banned

negative.....

hehe u just described framse of reference now to the out side person the outside or the non inertial frame of refernce to them the electricity is traveling faster than the speed of light so theire for according to the relitivity stuff it would be traviling through time lol but like i said i was drunk so im probably wrong again lol
    cya

AntiOnline Jr. Member
    oh but dont forget about the earths rotation speed whats it like 5000 mph
    and were falling with our galaxy too acouple million mph
    which is also falling

Least we not forget. Terminal Velocity. Anything with mass cocentric to the resistance has a terminal velocity when the coeficent eqauls the resistance.

I just had to throw another wrench into the works. LOL
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Oops. I almost forgot the classic example of terminal velocity vs mass vs density.

If you get high enough based on the weight and size of a rubber ball and a steel ball bearing of the same size. You drop them both from the same height at the same time and its high enough for them both to reach terminal velocity. When they hit the ground the ball bearing will bounce higher due to speed and density. For every action an equal and oposite reaction. The stell ball is more dense and traveling faster so it has more oposite reaction. I was shoked when I first saw this done.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.