Thread: Quantum Computing With Perl

Quantum Computing With Perl

Hello Everyone!

I saw this and I just couldn't help but post to let all of you know about it. It turns out that the makers of Perl have come up with a new module that takes all the functionality of Quantum entanglements (used in Quantum Computing) and puts it into a Perl module. I know that I will be playing around with this for quite a while! What better way to come up with new Quantum Algorithms?

I know that someone is going to ask, or assume that this will be as fast as a Quantum Computer, which it will not be because obviously your Intel or AMD chip won't be able to handle quantum superpositions (DUH!), but it is a very good simulator, in a language that just about every programmer knows. Either way, I think it'd be fun to play around with!

Here is the link to the Perl documentation and instructions for installing.

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

Looks fun. I went to CPAN and downloaded the modules

Quantum::Entanglement
    Quantum::Superpositions
    Quantum::Usrn

I haven't played with them yet but it looks fun to experiment with ... I have a vague idea of applying it to network QoS traffic analysis ... I need to think through it some more though.

What other practical applications could it be used for.... crypto is a given in random key generation variables or random VPN connectivity paths through alternate (controlled) proxies rather than the static paths or provider switched paths that are easily implemented....

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=
    Noah built the ark BEFORE it rained.

http://ld.net/?rn
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Holy crap...quantum anything makes my nose bleed...but perl's fun so why not! Go forth and spread the worth of obfuscated perlified quantum physics/mechanics/etc!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

System_Overload

Thumbs up

Sounds cool im going to need to look into it....

System_Overload

I never even thought of applying the entanglement in the Quantum::Entanglement module for anything but theoretical stuff, but since you mentioned that QoS analyzer, you gave me some ideas of my own. Finally, the semi-useless Quantum Physics and Quantum Computing crap that I've been spouting on this forum is actually useful!

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

Check this out from: www.australianit.news.com.au...

A UNIVERSITY of Melbourne student has won a scholarship for the best student paper in computer science worldwide - using a theory inspired by natural selection

Inspired by Darwin's theory of evolution, fourth year science and engineering student Ben Rubinstein developed a program that enables a computer to generate complex "quantum algorithms" automatically.
    The study findings could help to advance quantum computing and may have artificial intelligence applications.

Quantum computing involves exploiting the mysterious quantum mechanical properties of sub-atomic particles to accomplish computing tasks.

Mr Rubinstein, 21, said scientists had already discovered a small number of quantum algorithms but the process was "painstakingly slow because the concept of quantum computing is unintuitive and the development computationally intensive".

Instead he developed a variation of a program used by computer scientists to exploit evolution.

"I enter a series of inputs and what I want as an outcome, and through a process that follows the principles of natural selection, the program generates an algorithm that will closely solve the initial problem," he said.

The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Computer Society's Lance Stafford Larson Student Scholarship was open to student members around the world.

-----------------

Sheesh....
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Thanks to WebCarnage. What can I say, Australia rah! rah! rah! .

http://australianit.news.com.au/arti...E15306,00.html

That's the link to the actual article. Enjoy.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

New to this. Just had a question on quantum computing.
    Will (P not equel NP) = (P =NP), Is it the problem we are trying to solve that is incomplete as opposed to the answer that is incomplete. Computers can only find the correct answer NP or P if the question is valid and accurate. What would be the equation for an NP with no pssible answer or every possible answer whcich is virtually the same? Better yet would (P squared to the infinite power = the Square root of NP), because either problem is unsolvable without the proper question. We are looking at the wrong part of the problem, look at the question being asked.
    Last edited by PappDelta; March 25th, 2008 at 05:15 PM.