Thread: Quantum Computing With Perl

Hybrid View

Quantum Computing With Perl

Hello Everyone!

I saw this and I just couldn't help but post to let all of you know about it. It turns out that the makers of Perl have come up with a new module that takes all the functionality of Quantum entanglements (used in Quantum Computing) and puts it into a Perl module. I know that I will be playing around with this for quite a while! What better way to come up with new Quantum Algorithms?

I know that someone is going to ask, or assume that this will be as fast as a Quantum Computer, which it will not be because obviously your Intel or AMD chip won't be able to handle quantum superpositions (DUH!), but it is a very good simulator, in a language that just about every programmer knows. Either way, I think it'd be fun to play around with!

Here is the link to the Perl documentation and instructions for installing.

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

New to this. Just had a question on quantum computing.
    Will (P not equel NP) = (P =NP), Is it the problem we are trying to solve that is incomplete as opposed to the answer that is incomplete. Computers can only find the correct answer NP or P if the question is valid and accurate. What would be the equation for an NP with no pssible answer or every possible answer whcich is virtually the same? Better yet would (P squared to the infinite power = the Square root of NP), because either problem is unsolvable without the proper question. We are looking at the wrong part of the problem, look at the question being asked.
    Last edited by PappDelta; March 25th, 2008 at 05:15 PM.