Thread: Linux/Unix Commands

Post Linux/Unix Commands

I noticed lately more new people are comming over to Tux boxes. A few of them have requested cheat sheets wih basic commands. So here are two in .txt format zipped for your use. The .zip contains basic Linux and basic Unix commands. I hope this helps anyone who needs them.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

PS

For you Tux people if you need them...............
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!

The second part..................................
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!

yes, it is useful to get hand of those linux commands because according to what i have read
    on happyhacker.org many linux users doen't know what 'cat' command is. there are bunch of linux commands that are not commonly used but very useful and very handy. including the commands 'more' 'less' 'cat' and etc.
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

protocol, dont believe everything meinel has told you about most linux users. This is a good tutorial, and I would also like to point at the linux command tutorials by MsMittens at:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=134010 or reprinted (with her permission) at my site at http://www.geocities.com/skriptkittykat/linuxtut.html
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

I think this tutorial is really useful for newbies like me... Thanks

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    There are quite a few linux tutorials out there. Between this site, and quite a few other sites. If someone doesn't know how to use the cat command, they probably don't know how to use the internet either . The cheat sheat is a good idea though. Sometimes its nice not to have to look through a 1000+ page book, or read the man pages. Now if only you can post it in color, and laminated so I don't have to worry about spilling my coffee on it.

BTW, why didn't you just .tar.gz the file instead of using winzip? Winzip can open tar.gz files so if the "newbie" hasn't installed linux yet, and just wants to read the file, its no problem.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Thanks good post. I Love posts like this, its posts like this that really help when I compare what i know now to what i did now a mere month ago i can appricate both my lack of knowedge and that people like yourself effort in educating a newbie like me. Thanks

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning