Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Company says it owns hyperlinks patent

two words

Project XANADU, there will be no way they can pull this off, they tried it three years ago only to get bombed down. There was previous existance of language with hyperlinks.
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

The article does not realy give any details on what basis BT claim to have the patent right?
    Try this one
    Found in this thread
    What a bunch of wankers
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    This reminds me of when Compuserv started pusing its weight around about owning the patent on gif files. They claimed they were going to start charging people who used them on the internet. Well, obviously that never happened, but it does list "Compuserv gif file" as the file type in Photoshop.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Thumbs up

I have taken out a patent on GOLD!
    Send all your gold to me or experience MY WRATH!
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

That's just crazy how can they say they have the patent for hyperlinks. Why should they get paid for that. Are we going to have to pay for hyperlinks someday? All I have to say is that knowlege should be free. I mean if you write a good program you should get paid for it but why this crap!?!? You should get mentioned for inventing it but not paid for it. That's like putting a patent on smtp. Well there are always dumb lawsuits. Anyone remeber the one where the guy sued McDonalds because he spilled coffee on his lap? lol

Bt sucks ass - living in ireland i have lil choice but to use them but doesn't mean i like it
    hope the court rules the board of directors for the company must be insane and packs them off to lil padded rooms

v_Ln