Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The B*stard Operator From Hell

Talking The B*stard Operator From Hell

Dear All,

You probably know about this already, but if you want a laugh look at this.

Regards,

T6286

Hehe, I´ve currently reached the 1995 vintage. Simon Travaglia is the MAN!

note: If you people don´t have much time to read skip straight to the 95 vintage and go down to "The Bastard finds a new use for an electric wheelchair ... ". Oh, and close the door if you got an office. I had to stuff to hands in my mouth not to scream.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

I have a collection of BOFH merchandise from The Register.
    I wear my BOFH hat to work allmost everyday.
    A survey in Holland showed that many sysadmins. are stressed out because they have to take a lot of **** form users.
    A lot of them take revenge, but the problem is the bosses can´t fire them that easilly because it´s a apain in the ass to get admins.

Talking

Here's something that might bring a smile to your face. You need PowerPoint to view it.

Regards,

T6286

Banned
    Funny stuff... BOFH is always funny, I read everything that cameout about BOFH (And I do mean everything )

BOHF was my 1st realization that "It wasn't just me." But that my 'tude was legit and my stresses were shared by a much larger community of tortured souls.

== May the BOFH carrion through eternity! ==
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=
    Noah built the ark BEFORE it rained.

http://ld.net/?rn
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Yeah baby! BOFH was THE KING of all-that-is-torture to lusers! I read everything Simon ever wrote just about and the entire series is still great to read. Too bad it's now 'political suicide' to do much of anything to dumbass lusers anymore. But then again, that's what cron/at is for!

We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

TechieChick
    BOFH is my hero, I have the excuse of the day on my office wall and have been known to quote it to unsuspecting innocents.

If you're interested google has archived usenet posts and here is the first bofh post recorded from 1992.

TC

Again, heres something else which should make you smirk.

Regards,

T6286

t6286´s link in the thread start is to Simon Travaglia´s own page BUT there are no BOFH episodes after -99. I can´t find any 2k (post if you know where they are) But 2001 and up todate can be find at the register. 42 episodes for the connoisseur.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile