Thread: negativ points

negativ points

hi everybody,

i was wondering about that the antipointsystem.it's nice to get postive points with a comment and who gave you these points like:
    thanks a lot friend...from xyz...

otherwise i post something and i got comments like:
    you ****ing *******..
    stupid idiot... and so most were anonym ...
    if i don't agree with somebodys opinion then i can say that (more or less rude) and can give a reason for that..
    what i'll say or suggest:
    the antipointsystem should be not more anonym!!
    if you give me a point(positiv or negativ) do it with your name and why!!the thing is:
    i like to learn and discuss problems about security/computer problems.that is the reason that i'm a member here.if i like to get affront from somebody then i can do it in another way.
    i don't know that somebody has already posted that but i think the most people here have the same experience and like to change that.

cheers,

We have been over this before and came to conclusion that this would be a bad idea, because knowing who gave you negative antipoints would open the door for retaliation, and knowing how some of the people here behave and what they can do, this would be bad.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

maybe we should give up the antipoint chjat for now... i know ive been flamed for it enough..
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

The AntiPoint system is how it is. Some people don't like it, others don't mind. I personally wouldn't mind seeing it change to have users add their username, but it doesn't really bother me. Most people here on AO are decent and will only give you points if you deserve it. It's only a few people that give out negative ones with stupid comments - but you just gotta forget about that and move on.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

@hot_ice

i don't take it personaly but and i haven't a problem with criticism .
    i was only thinking about all these stuff and how can it improved.
    the only thing that doesn\'t change is everything will always change.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    This idea has been suggest and shot down more times then I remember, and I have only been using this forum for a few months. The discussion will go on for about 15 to 20 posts, jp will see it, say no, and close it.

If you take the time to look back, you will see that the system is NOT going to be changed. It was set up intentionally to be the way it is, and it is going to stay that way. Yes, I have been hit with negative antipoints, but what good would it do for me to know who did it? If I knew, would I confront them, or just retaliate? That is the whole point of making it annonomyous. Because if it was public, things would be more out of hand then they are now.

It wouldn't be hard for me to get a group of 15 to 20 people together and say, so and so just gave me negative antipoints, lets get em. Next thing you know, there would be cyber-antionline-gangs. Talk about the ultimate frag. match....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

i don't know that somebody has already posted that
    sorry,if i speak about a old topic!!
    i'm new here and probably next time i should read more the old posts..
    but in my opinon:
    that is not the best solution tio handle different opinions

cheers,

that is what i mean ThePreacher, souleman,hot_ice,SarinMage :
    negativ points
    Today 03:38 PM Have some more negs dickhead...

i feel like in a kindergarden...
    the only thing that doesn\'t change is everything will always change.

Banned
    Greetings All:

Since this has been discussed soooooooooooo much in the past, I'm closing this thread.