Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: African Americans and Computers

Vorlin,

YOU THE MAN !!

Crimina1

Vorlin u typed way to much for me to read but i think that you have the right idea on the racism issue

akanicknick
    I personally do not like blacks at all.

Originally posted by akanicknick

Then you are a total dumbass!! America would not be what it is today if not for blacks
    You are the kind of person that propagated the social torture given to the blacks.
    I admire and respect black poeple and I do not want my previous statement to be related to yours in anyway. As a matter of fact I would rather it be a little slanted in thier favour than have the stupid bigotry most of us are ashamed of now. You don't like blacks because you don't know blacks....don't twist Vorlin's or my statements into ammo for your stupidity.

I HATE BIGOTS( I'm white by the way..if that matters to you, it sure as hell don't matter one way or the other to me)

oblio
    akanick rules

races

well, i dont believe that the human race is a master race
    but thats just me

i found the what "black/coloured/afro-american..." people ded to contribute to compouters (and shoes fror that matter) very interesting

ridiculing that by going into define this and that word only makes a very good topic a bad one, and shows what the people who say such things are of a kind of people.

just a side note, i ogften chat with my american friends. all colours, religions, sexes, ages. what is funny is that there are German americans and italien americans and irish americans..,. etc. just listen to them they say so themselves.

please continue with telling more about aftro-american achievements, i found it VERY educative and enlightning (pun intended)

Valentino

Unhappy

Originally posted by akanicknick
    Any particular reason? or just sociopathic discourtesy?
    ---

Anyways...good posts(except for this seemingly pointless rotten apple ^), everyone.

Here's my take on it, and I know that I'm once again straying away from the original point of the thread (sorry, Preacher), so I'll keep it short...

Racism is, in whole and all its forms, simply pointless and counterproductive. Plain and simple. It doesn't accomplish any good anywhere it is found, and I would like to think that most of us are intelligent enough to realize that. What disturbs me most is that fighting it appears to make it more prominent, thus giving bigots and racists along with the (for lack of a better term) ''tolerant'' folks more ammunition and bad will towards each other. It's a sick concept that continues to feed upon itself. I believe that we are still generations away from seeing the dismissal of the battle. The fight about it is what fuels the concept. I really believe that at one point in history, people were stupid enough to think that one person was superior to another based solely on appearance and/or background. I like to think that we all know better by now, and those who press on with that blind hatred of others based on superficial characteristics are just looking for an excuse to blame others for their own shortcomings, whether justified or not; or are just nurturing their own sociopathic tendencies by directing bad will towards one group to reflect their overall distaste for humanity. (People who say 'they hate everyone' are usually liars looking to excuse themselves from arguements, through a mask of false ambiguity, because they can't support one) As mentioned in one of the previous posts, racism (the concept) comes down through generations from the parents. So, just teach your children to see the world with different eyes than those who teach their children to target people who look different.

Basically, keep the issue within families, teach the new generation to not see people that way, keep the ****ing politicians and courts out of it, and it will go away....I promise...it just takes some time.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Ouroboros
    As mentioned in one of the previous posts, racism (the concept) comes down through generations from the parents.Ouroboros
    This isn't necessarily yhe case. My mother was very open-
    minded, and taught this to us as children, but I developed some
    bad attitudes based on bitter experience of being bullied
    at school.

Now that I am a parent, I see how shallow is the
    usual habit of blaming parents for all the world's
    ills.

During my childhood, kids fought like cats and dogs,
    usually along racial, lines, but often, parents on
    both sides were dismayed at their kids' behavior.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Unhappy parents

Originally posted by rcgreen

This isn't necessarily yhe case. My mother was very open-
    minded, and taught this to us as children, but I developed some
    bad attitudes based on bitter experience of being bullied
    at school.
    Now that I am a parent, I see how shallow is the
    usual habit of blaming parents for all the world's
    ills.
    During my childhood, kids fought like cats and dogs,
    usually along racial, lines, but often, parents on
    both sides were dismayed at their kids' behavior.
    I am also a (brand new) parent, so that is why the issue is on top of my head. I am aware that not all parents are like this (mine weren't, thank them), I was merely pointing out that such thought(bigotry) has become tradition, blind to reason, and through some strange reason, it still continues to be passed on. Those of us (including those before us) who break or never form this kind of thinking are key.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

akanicknick
    Hey if anyone wants to argue with me,
    FIRST look at the facts
    first off, there is a higher percentage of blacks in prison
    second, the unemployment rate for blacks is higher
    third, blacks GPAs are lower than Whites

AND

black people would not be here if it weren't for them to be our SLAVES in the first place, and moreover, only won freedom because some ignorant Whites fought FOR them. (if the civil war really was all about slavery then why I ask were there only a few black regiments?)

Even look at the overall facts of success, who is the richest man alive, bill gates, (white) second? trump (white) Is it just me or are all of the successful people in this world White. Because everytime I look at the facts it all adds up.

blacks are black for a reason, they were marked by someone or something as different, they should remain that way, a seperate part of society, not neccessarily equal or better, but extremely importantly, SEPERATE.

And just one more thing, I am not a racist, I do not look down at blacks because they are black, I am a realist, I merely see things as the way they should be!