Thread: For all the newbies of antionline that want to know the basics of computers

For all the newbies of antionline that want to know the basics of computers

ok im writing this thread because I know there are other people like me, that are just gettin into computers and do not know too much about them. So I will try to write threads at least once a week with a follow up, the first thing I wanna talk about is Analog vs. Digital. First of all we must define analog and digital because we will be using them, computers today the components use digital signals. That means that they contain discrete values, but Analog signals change value over time. (The only way I can explain this is quoating from a page in sybex's A+ complete study guide) say you have two light switches a standard light switch and a dimmer switch. The standard light switch has only two values: on and off as a rule, at any one time the switch will be in either one position or the other. This is similar to digital electrical signals, which have discrete values and the dimmer switch starts at off and can be changed gradually stronger and stronger until the full setting is on. A dimmer switch can have a swtting almost anywhere between on and off. This is similar to analog electrical signals.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Good basic information. Only one problem. This has absoutely nothing to do with Network Security, which is the forum you posted in. Put tutorials in the Tutorials forum.

I would like to see you keep this up though. It will be good to have so basic tutorials. Most of the tutorials are pretty self explainatory, but still assume a decent level of knowledge.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

It is always nice to see a new member jump right in and start posting good knowlenge. I am not really familiar with A+ but good post.

Keep it up!
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

Hello Malignant!

Good day to you! Nice post there, it was informative and clearly stated.
    Keep-up the good work!!!

A blessed day to all!!!

===============

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for any fellow being, let me do it now… as I shall not pass this way again. " ~William Penn

Banned
    Thats a great attitude to begin with dude!

Keep it up.

Nice post think this is a great idea will help out lots of people that are here. I know i play with comps alot do this and that im sure there are holes in my basic understanding that need to be filled in. Good idea

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

TechieChick
    Thank you, nice first post. You're going to be an asset in the tutorial section.

Welcome. Posting useful info is always appreciated by someone. Do try and determine the better forums to post relevant info in.

The analog vs digital thing takes me back....
    I think I still have some of my old electronics books somewhere.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.