Thread: Web Design

Red face Web Design

Today when I was bored waiting for the IRC channel to liven up i stumbled across a web design contest. It judges more on style concept and implementation of the concept rather than content. There are two catogories one for pure HTML (this allows CSS) and one for open where you can use anything you want from javascript to Flash. Here comes the catch! The site has to be 5K maximum Yes thats 5KBytes For info goto www.the5k.org Thje contest isnt on yet but you can sign up for notrice of when it will be running! Also take a look at previous years winners.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Good site redgore. I still think they should set one up that requires pure HTML 3.0. None of this style sheet crap. Oh well, maybe thats because I am to lazy to learn how to use CSS.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

LOL of course your too lazy!!! But get on with the learning so that when you get browsers thart require 4.0 and CSS you wont be lost in the waves!!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I'm already lost. To many sights are already set up so you have to use internet explorer. They don't like it when I show up in Netscape, Opera, Mozilla, Konquor, etc etc. Since IE doesn't work in linux, and I hate useing in when I am in windows, it looks like I am already falling off my surf board.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

LOL I know what you mean. Thats why you will find that CSS safelist1 will work in all known browsers. A note to designers: Dont make sites only accessable in latest version of IE that really annoys me

Today when I was bored waiting for the IRC channel to liven up i stumbled across a web design contest. It judges more on style concept and implementation of the concept rather than content.
    Cool post! One thing worth mentioning is that I reckon the criteria for judging the sites should inlcude content. How many fancy, sleek, well designed web sites are there on the web with...nothing to say .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.