Thread: Win2K/XP professional Admin Passwords

Question Win2K/XP professional Admin Passwords

First of all I'd like to say Hi all,
    Secondly I would like to ask everyone for suggestions on how I should proceed on the following problem. I am at college and want to play Counter Strike but unfortunately I can't Install it successfully as the admin here is too strict. I need the admin passwords for his win 2k and win xp machines but whenever I try to audit them via lc v3.02 the hashes appear but it won't crack the password. Lc3 claims to be able to crack the sams so I am wonder why it isn't. I was told of a technique of changing their passwords but that isn't an option here.

Does anyone know why lc3 isn't cracking the sams??

Copy the passwords and paste them here. They're not shadowed, are they?

I don't believe so, you can see the hash, even via lc3 but it simply won't crack the password.... Are there any other auditing tools for win 2k and win xp?

Well, you can usually run l0phtCrack (not my fave), Crack (not either), or John the Ripper and get decent results in cracking PWs. Not sure if you know of these, or if this is of any help, but they do work for cracking usually. Don't do a dictionary-based one, just do a brute. It'll take a while, but will probably work.

just as a warning, if the admin finds out, this will get you kicked out of the college...
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Talking come one now

Come on now, this is so simple it causes me to giggle like a little school girl.... I have no reason to help you or any other dumbass out there so don't ask or reply. My advise to you is just do as your school ask and get a degree. Just get that ****ing peice of paper and give up on this..... ok...........