Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forum for newsposts only

forum for newsposts only

It seems that people are posting newsclippings everywhere. You see them in all the forums often not related at all to it. How about providing a place for posts of this nature. Perhaps it could be in the general discussions next to chit chat. This way all those who only post stories could put them there and persons wanting a quick overview of the day's top news items could scan for an interesting thread.

It would cut down on the flames and neg points as well.

Trying to help.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I agree fully. A seprate forum for News post will be better than people posting News in "General Chit Chat, Tutorials, Newbie Question, and Security Disscison"

It will make it easier to find News.

I like people who post the News; I just don't like seeing it in the wrong forums.
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

I agree Gold Eagle, this would bring a better structure for the AO boards.

Banned
    Good idea I pledge my support.

I talked to JP a few days ago (on IRC) about the same thing. . . . I got no response out of him. I suggested it be under the General Discussions along with the general chitchat forum. ::shrugs:: I dont know.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

good idea says the ewok
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

TechieChick
    I'm new as a poster but I've been lurking for quite some time now and I have to say while the idea sounds good, couldn't we become a victim of our own board by streamlining it to an extreme?

There seems to be an awful lot of links only being put to the board with no solutions being posted or insight by the original poster. Not sure about anyone else but I love hearing both sides of the story and if a member wants to post a link then personally I want to hear what they find interesting/controversial/inane about it. That is what starts a good debate.

That being said, is there any way to make it clear to members that the reason behind the forum is to discuss and if you're going to post a link, post your thoughts behind it as well?

Just my thoughts...

So only a few people think this is a good idea? Oh well.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Banned
    Put up a poll and see what kind of reaction you get.

there have been other threads asking the same thing (ie: a dedicated news forum), I think it's a good idea, and agree with Ennis, post a poll to bolster opinion.

J.
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]