View Poll Results: Am I serious?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes?

4 33.33%
  • No?

8 66.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you think of the movie Hackers?

Lightbulb What did you think of the movie Hackers?

This is one of my favourite movies - want to hear everyone's comments.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

You mean you wasted money seeing that? Tell me your friend had an extra ticket or something.....anything........

P.S. sorry but, you asked..........
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

hackers.... i diddent see any hackes in that movie....jsut glorified script kiddy types
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Angelina Joly in her best movie....

The movie rocks if you don't look at all the discrepancies...
    The music is very good...
    I love it...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

i liked the fact that they used at least some real hacking technuqes but didn't like that they made us look like a buch of glorified ravers

Discount the imaging of what the "hacker" sees on the screen and it was very true to what a cracker does (reference to the documentation needed, social engineering, dumpster diving ...etc).

I am something of a geek and collect movies that I think make a good attempt at portraying the industry. Antitrust, Wargames, Hackers, might pickup the cable movie about Gates and Jobs.

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

You see, Korpdeath, I did ask - so feel free to voice your opinion.
    And just so you know my vote is in for "every day"

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    1: you do not hack through phone booths with fancy laptops.

2: you do not hack through phone booths with fancy laptops with 5 of your friends doing the same thing in the same phone booth row.

3: you do not have graphical filesystems like you see in Hackers or Jurassic Park (..."I know unix"...yeah right).

Overall, it's an "ok" movie worth watching just to see 1 second of AJ's naked cleavage bouncing around, but for technical expertise, you've got to be joking. I hate the way they make technology look like. It is NOT as glorified or good-looking as they portray it.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Banned
    Hackers the movie is the direct cause of so many teenagers taking up hacking.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    The movie was the shyt. I thought it was badass cause i had never seen a movie about computer hackers. hell all i had seen was telnet and tellix. I thought it was wierd that these guys had graphics. But You have to relise this is not a technical movie. A movie about rebellion, and fighting the system. I gave it a 8
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2