View Poll Results: Am I serious?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes?

4 33.33%
  • No?

8 66.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of the movie Hackers?

All very good points. Personally, I liked it for the music, and it also gave a true portrayal of manuals and dumpster diving (as dspiedel said), plus I also like the fact that it gives an idea of the penalties for getting busted. Keep 'em coming!

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

Banned
    Yeah... The manuals were perfect.... I wish I could get my handsa on some rainbow books
    I liked the movie because it shows how the public portrays hackers.. (Even though if it isnt true)

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I thought the movie was pretty good. Decent concept, pretty good acting, etc. The plot wasn't great, and the kung-fu style hacking technique was kinda stupid. I loved the fact that everyone seemed to have a virus that would infect the gibson though. And also how easy it was to get in when they all attacked, even though you know the GOD password would have been changed.

You have never seen a movie about hackers? What about War Games (dated but decent), Sneakers (gotta love social engineers), and Swordfish (sorry, but I had to say it). There are others, but those 3 also revolve around the hackers.

Oh yeah, if you don't live in the US, there is always Takedown. Gotta love a corrupt movie bassed on the misguided information from 2 people involved in the illegal capture of Kevin Mitnick. I haven't seen it, but I have heard it was very bad.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Yeah i was going to mention the soundtrack on it, orbital and prodigy i like + some others.

Overall for a film i thought the story was quite good and the acting by Jonny Lee Miller was solid enough, Angelina Jolie well she's a babe...
    But yeah some of the scenes were a bit glorifed over the top *As if* style like the global t.v message at the end, but i do have a mate that takes his laptop from place to place when him and a few people are tinkering about with things...

i'd watch it again

what are peoples thoughts on the flick swordfish ? aye or nay ?

good music, good cast (mmm...angelina jolie....), bad acting, even worse tech know-how....did anyone else notice that they were hacking with Macs? btw, ac1dsp3ctrum, I have those rainbow books on my computer if you want them. Send me a PM...

Banned
    http://blacksun.box.sk/books.html for all your book needs.

Well it did bring a bad publicity to real hackers and hacking itself. I guess American and European hacking school might differ. When in America a typical stereotype of a hacker is a geek teenager that is taking his anger on people using his computer, whereas european standard for a hacker is a man in his 30 - long hair, hadn't washed, eaten a home meal, real sex for some time! ;-) If i saw this movie bofore I started wondering bout computers and hackin' I would've found it great, but since i saw it long time after-nah! The concept of the movie sucks, although the soundtrack is good, the action is not bad, if you close your eyes on all those cheap hacker wannabe effects- As far as i understand the movies is set in early 90? Where was I when thay made THOSE kinds of computers???
    [glowpurple]Terrible end is better than endless terror! [/glowpurple]

#bookz and #bookwarez on Undernet are also good places to get books

The only thing good about that movie was:

Angelina Joly

Damnn she fine!
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

opsec
    Last edited by zenergi; November 25th, 2015 at 12:05 AM.