Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~*~*Attention HotMail Users*~*~

~*~*Attention HotMail Users*~*~

Anyone using hotmail should read this article.
    I myself dont use hotmail kuz there are so many scriptkiddies out there seeking to crack these accounts. But this is a very interesting article. Any comments on this?
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

I read the same articel at VirusList yesterday.

With HotMail being one of the largest free email clients in the world it's obvious that they're going to be the most targeted also.....

I agree. . . I wonder if they will do anything about this? Or just sit on there arse & watch it happen. If anything. . . they should update the way they handle the passwords. . . .
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    My god...there's a difference between cookie exchange or other otherwise-unknown-and-arbitrary hacks but this is ridiculous. Whoever let that one go needs to be flogged and fired. Then again, I don't have any compassion for anyone who uses hotmail for anything. I don't even use it for "test to see if you can send mail to the outside" as there are many more secure alternatives. Go Microsoft, way to "really try to improve security". I'm sure the Gartner group will LOVE this as well as many other widely-publicized and well-thought-of reviewing commitees.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Yeah, I agree Vorlin.

I personally use www.kissmyass.com for free email. I don't really care how secure it is cause I don't receive anything important on that account. I just like the name @kissmyass.com
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Hmm Good job i dont use my hotmail account for important things! (Well unless you call pr0n important??) The only reason why i wouldnt want this o happen is the sheer number of ppl on my messenger list! I dont want them all being sent malicous code etc

hmmm.. actually i would be more scared if they found an exploit to bypass the "secret question" bit.

coz the "e-mail address,zip code, counrty" section aint that hard.. as long as u know da person or atleast know their name and address and juz look up in da white pages for more details..

though it was dumb for that d00d to just use abcde as a secret question answer.. let me guess.. his secret question was: "what are the first five letters of the alphabet??"

lolz... hmmm

Did U ppl know that Miscro$ofts Hotmail servers are ran on BSD ???

Just thought u'd like to know..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Did U ppl know that Miscro$ofts Hotmail servers are ran on BSD ???
    Yeah that's what I heard too. Yahoo also uses FreeBSD for their web servers.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    The typical "sharp" Vorlin comments say it all...