Thread: Cannot see AO in Opera

Cannot see AO in Opera

This could be an error on my end, but I don't think so...

I run Mac OS 9.2.2 and I use Opera 5.0 as my browser. Up till Yesterday I could see AO just fine, no issues, but yesterday AO stopped loading. It gives me an error mesage: "Repeated attempts failed to load this page completely. There may be a problem on the server."

Anyway, just wanted to pass this on to my Favorite Webs.ite
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I have no problem loading the site in Oprea5.0 for windows. Not sure what your problem is. I do have a problem with the mouseovers, and the +/- signs, but thats ok most of the time anyway.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Could be Mac version of Opera is screwing up... I don't think its an issue on my end, because my networking pref. haven't changed and I get this issue at school on my laptop as well as at work...Also I can see AO (and post) on my Windows Laptop at work, so who knows....grrrr
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

At first I thought the same thing as Souleman, but then, realizing that I run MacOS 9.2.2 and have the newest version of Opera, I actually tested it and found that you are right it don't work.

Sometimes I amaze even myself at how my brain works.

You probably saw something like this, right?

<I've gone crazy with Graphic Converter lately>

dhej

Banned
    Greetings:

Of course, I come up with something cool, and opera has to be a pain in my ass.

Opera doesn't support dynamic gzip compressed webpages properly, soooo, I got rid of them. Hopefully, this will fix Opera's problem. Even more hopefully, Opera will get its gawd damn act together and:

* start supporting standards properly
    * quit trying to pretend that it's IE by default

Bug fixed (erm, feature removed), so I'm closing this thread.