Thread: Hard road for the newby.......

haraam77

Talking Hard road for the newby.......

I have been spending many hours a day stuying anything I can find about hacking/cracking....viruses, trojans, security, programming...etc. I have only hit the tip of the ice-berg. I am new to this all, obviously. I don't ever plan to use any of this knowledge with malicious intent.
    Can anyone tell me or guide me in the right direction on how to program/write viruses so that I can know first hand the ins and outs? With so many websites and tutorials out there.....I thought it may save some time to ask some like-minded individuals. What programming languge is best for that purpose? Thank you....

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    What language? Depends on the types of virus you are talking about. There are javascript, vbs, c, c++, etc etc. A virus can be written in any langugage. Even Flash. It all depends on the type of viruse, how it is distributed, what it does, what platform you want to attack, etc etc. Outlook virus are normally vbs. Linux virus are normally c/c++. Etc etc. Find the source code for different virus that you are impressed with, and find out what they did. It is availabe, you just have to find it.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

If you want to learn how to create virii then you should learn a language like c+, basic or java, something like that. If you really want to hack, you should learn networking definately. You seem to be going about this all wrong. You are learning about hacks and virii that people have already made and their learned philosophies. You need to start at the bottom and work your way up using what you have learned from others as reference. It is the fastest most complete way to learn about computers. Good luck to you and stay outta trouble!

haraam77
    Thank u.....any and all advice is helpful to me at this point. I'm starting with HTML, then I plan to learn Java and Python. What sort of "fun" things can u do with HTML?

i'm not going to do it for you, but search google for the little black book of computer viruses, i'm sure you can still download it from somewhere. it'll give you the best insight of what it takes to write a good virus. plus all the examples it gives are old and well known to antivirus software, so you can't do much damange with them.

one word of warning...don't compile them on your main box, they'll spread like wildfire on your machine if you're not careful.
    U suk at teh intuhnet1!!1!1one

Re: Hard road for the newby.......

Originally posted here by haraam77
    I have been spending many hours a day stuying anything I can find about hacking/cracking....viruses, trojans, security, programming...etc. I have only hit the tip of the ice-berg. I am new to this all, obviously. I don't ever plan to use any of this knowledge with malicious intent.
    Can anyone tell me or guide me in the right direction on how to program/write viruses so that I can know first hand the ins and outs? With so many websites and tutorials out there.....I thought it may save some time to ask some like-minded individuals. What programming languge is best for that purpose? Thank you....
    You don't need to be a complete computer genius to create a virus. But, for a 'good' (if there is such a thing) virus to be compiled, you need to know all the interwork of the computers you want to infect. Virii must be planned out properly, not just compiled and sent. I've made virii using only DOS...and it was quite destructive (FDISK \MBR). Yet the one I made was simple...and had not much 'planning' I might say to it. Just as much destruction as possible. "Good" (equivilant to "bad") virii, in my opinion, are the ones that exploit a hole, or do odd things such as email any pictures or movies from your Recycle Bin out to people (SirCAM...one of my favorites ). I used to review source codes to virii, (now this is back in the day) I used to edit them just enough so they wouldn't be detectable by AVKits and test them on friends. Evil I know, but it was really funny. There isn't any specific "Language of Choice" by virii creators. I mean, if you look at the ILOVEYOU virus, that was created in VisualBasic - a language that is [i]usually[/u] looked down by "elite ub3r-hax0rs." I used to have VB, C++, Delphi, and ASM (Assembly) in my arsenal. Now I mainly stick to Assembly just because I love it, and prefer it over all others. But I don't go programming virii all the time...no, I'm out of that 'faze'.

I really regret you wanting to learn just so you can wreck havok amoungst the midst of people running WindowsXP boxes. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I'd suggest running a search on here for best results. Or, for some 'fast fun', just make really good freinds (and I mean REALLY good friends) with a fellow virii creator and see if he can share some of his sourcecode with you to edit. Yet learning on your own, I beleive, is quite fun aswell. Just make sure to post how to get get rid of the thing here on AntiOnline. If not for our sake, but for the nice "greenies" as we here at AntiOnline like to call it (Green/Positive AntiPoints).

...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Great!! Just what we need, yet another neophyte trying to learn how to write virii. Nice.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Actually, I would suggest Assembly for virii. It's quick, small, and to the point. Everyone complains about how difficult it is to learn, but I picked it up in a matter of weeks. I'll admit that it does get a bit tedious, but there's always a price to pay for power.

I agree with delstar. If you want to write virii (i'm not sure why), you really have to learn assembly. It's probably a good idea to learn it as a programmer anyway. Learning assembly just gives you so much more insight into how software interfaces with hardware, memory, registers etc. Here's some good places to start.

http://burks.brighton.ac.uk/burks/la...smtut/asm1.htm

http://www.comprenica.com/atrevida/atrtut12.html

http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~csc2420/reference.html
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.