Thread: Keeping form getting caught

Talking Keeping form getting caught

I was wondering if anyone had some good info on how to keep from getting busted. I have heard of call bouncing, proxies, wingates, fake info on free isps and others. Just looking for some clarity. Thanx.
    Of course he relizes, this means war.

Bugs Bunny

oblio
    a good way is for you to admit to yourself that you are complete idiot and fall into a world of self pity ultimately resulting in the destruction of your life and all respective relationships.

hmm well yeah.. proxys help.. just use a reasonable amount of proxys, ermm a nice shell account.. dynamic IP.. and most important of all.. SPEED.. you gotta finish ur job as fast as possible.. b4 the admin notices u or atleast b4 da admin locates u.. though if you are behind i router.. i suggest to clear the logs of your router after doing ur task then reconnect to the net to get a new IP Address.. though i think your ISP has logs on which account had that IP Address at that certain time. so yeah.. thats the ONLY obstacle i can see.. your ISP..

And the number one, garunteed way of not getting caught...don't do it.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

And oh, IP Spoofing helps too. If you dont know what IP Spoofing is..
    IP Spoofing is a technique used to gain unauthorized access to computers, whereby the intruder sends messages to a computer with an IP address indicating that the message is coming from a trusted host. To engage in IP spoofing, a hacker/cracker must first use a variety of techniques to find an IP address of a trusted host and then modify the packet headers so that it appears that the packets are coming from that host.

The packets sent from one computer to another has IP Addresses on them, one is the IP address of the source of the packets, and the other is the IP address of the destination of the packets (just like any regular postal mail). You can modify those packets with a packet annalyzer to change the IP addresses of those packets.

I am a cracker
    When people decide to go cracking/hacking, there is a good chance that you will get caught eventually, but that can be forestalled if you take a few precautions...

*Trust no-one share information anonymously.
    *Never go on IRC with a real name or real nickname.
    *Never connect to IRC using your normal IP address.
    *Chain together anonymous proxies to hide yourself.
    *Use Secure Shell to telnet to shell accounts.
    *Never tell anyone a real name, address or phone number.
    *Never Never hack or scan exchanges from a home phone.
    *Never hack from a legitimate ISP. (AOL)
    *Encrypt everything incriminating on your hard drive.
    *Beware of "hacker wargames" don't even waste your time on them...
    *Never use the same passwords for hacked and legitimate accounts.
    *Never use hack/phreak BBSs with a real name or handle.
    *Trust no-one, even those good ol' hackers at 2600.. (you know who you are)!

Even using these guidelines can never guarantee that crackers/hackers won't get caught, but if you start from the very beginning by being very careful, you might last long enough to become a skilled and experienced cracker, which is only one step away from being a highly paid security consultant

Anonimity is the best weapon of a hacker/cracker.
    Without it, he/she/it is a sitting duck.

Though i am wondering what skill is required so one can learn how to spoof ip addresses? do i need to learn assembly? or c++ or what? i heard that only Networking Experts can and knows how to spoof ip..

Does IP Spoofing really require Networking skills or System skills?

I am a cracker
    Though i am wondering what skill is required so one can learn how to spoof ip addresses? do i need to learn assembly? or c++ or what? i heard that only Networking Experts can and knows how to spoof ip..
    Only Networking Experts? I think not!

IP spoofing works by exploiting trust relationships on a LAN where address based verfication is used to validate security.
    The actual IP SPOOFING consists of several steps, (this is just a summary not detailed)

First the target is choosen.
    Next, a pattern of trust is discovered, along with a trusted host. The trusted host is then disabled, and the target's TCP sequence numbers are sampled. The trusted host is impersonated, the sequence numbers guessed, and a connection attempt is made to a service that only requires address-based authentication. If successful the Cracker/hacker executes a simple command to leave a backdoor. (or anything else)

1.target host
    2.trusted host
    3. attacking host ( with root access)
    4 IP-spoofing software

Generally the attack is made from the root account on the attacking host against the root account on the target. If you are going to all thi trouble, it would be stupid not to go for root

I have a couple of questions to I'am a Cracker. You mentioned a couple of interesting things.
    First,how does one obtain a secure shell account and how does one telnet to a secure shell account. Next, how does one chain proxies together.