Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Cloned Cat !

First Cloned Cat !

First Cloned Cat
    A playful kitten named "Cc:" is the first-ever cloned cat, researchers say. The 2-month-old kitten is the first successful product of a program letting people clone their beloved pets at a Texas university.
    Read the Story ->
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/02/14...eut/index.html

The kitten joins a growing list of animals that have been cloned from adult cells, starting with Dolly the sheep and now including pigs, goats, cattle, mice and an oxlike creature called a gaur.
    Im so glade that instead of haveing a cheeseburger from Mc Donalds that looks like it was clones from rat meat i can now have a cow that was cloned by a couple of old men who think its fun to play god. Within a year we might have our first farm of cloned animals.. cause yanno this is so much more important then researching more ways to cure AIDs or Cancer... God when will people learn to stop playin God... When u play God people die......

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Lets hope this cat hasn't got the same error inside Dolly has..
    then it played-out the first couple of lives even before he started...

they have found the reset button on genes...
    but it is still a quick-and-dirty hack...

so before I'll clone my cat, I'll wait a while...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I personly think cloning takes a lot of monney, and helps no one.
    Not to mention the fact that post no.1 is right. People are trying to mess with things that should not be messed with. They are trying to take the place of God.

well we can say that it is an achievement ..but can also say that the first step towards...
    bad.... one should never play with nature..or try to manupulate..it in any ways...
    i remember some time back...there was a programme on discovery channel...and the name
    was give "Raising of the mamoth" where Dr. Kazufumi goto and his team are trying to
    get the genes of a dead mamoth some 10,000 years back..and they are trying to make
    one..by fertilizing it in one female elephant....

this is going to happen in four steps.... and the last step will give the complete mamoth...

ohh if this happens..then we will get an animal three times bigger then an elephant....
    and that means destruction.....

but anyway...thanks for the information...netsyn...good post..

intruder...
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

Need i remind everyone of the movie Jurasic Park?

Say hello to T-Rex when some gov fawk clones a huge T-Rex to rampage threw a country we dont like.. Then the technology will get used against us like all other technology always is.. Oh.. imagine then fun when u see animals that have been dead for millions and millions of years found frozen in some ice cube and having some genes extracted from it so that we can bring a race back to life thats been dead longer then weve been here... Lets just keep in mind how we seem to always have a way of "screwing" things up when its as serious as this.

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

or an old movie called the boy from brazil. cross that with the sixth day and you have a possibility of ......
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Banned
    I hear Dolly the sheep is in bad shape these days...sad!

I cant remember the book or if it was just a short story i read once anyway was an interesting read((sounds it hay)). The concept of the book was where humans where cloned at birth. The none clone when home with the parents and lived a normal life, the clone when to livein a controlled committee. One day the none clone gets ran over and need a new heart so they go get the clone kill it and harvest the organ. The writer goes on to evaluate what is a life and how can you apply a value to one and not the other with the same genetic code, how can you say that childe A is a clone and child B is not and in so decide if Child A or child B is going to be kept alive for organ harvest as and when the other needs one.

A interesting idea that I hope stays always an idea because that would suck being told hay your a clone one day we going to come alone and nick your organs for the other version of you that we decide is not a clone.

So here is a question if you have two cats both with identical DNA codes and age in a room with no other way of telling than looks and there DNA how do you tell the clone from the original or are they both clones of each other?

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

Doh! I'm glad I'm drunk.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Smile Who me? No me. Not you, er me..

Originally posted here by Kindred69

So here is a question if you have two cats both with identical DNA codes and age in a room with no other way of telling than looks and there DNA how do you tell the clone from the original or are they both clones of each other?

Kindred69
    Oh man! My freakin' brain hurst now. You just had to ask that one did'nt you......LOL

Hey you, no hey me, no' I am you and you are me, if I am you and me, and you are me then who are you? I am me or you.

Thats about my take of it in a nut shell.

On a serious note. This is why I'm against cloning. Who is going to decide which me or you is going to be the spare parts body. If they cloned organs in a dish so to speak. It would be a good thing. I would help mainkind greatly. I am a juvinile diabettic, so for one I would rejoice. But I could'nt bear the thought of I i was geneticaly fine and one day caught a deadly disease, then they just cut this othe you or me up for parts. After all it would be a living, breathing, and most of all thinking creature (please, lets not get into the what is life disscusion) that looks like me and came from my genes, in similar to me comming from my parents genes.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.