Thread: Should i believe M$??

Should i believe M$??

I was downloading some patches or as M$ calls it "updates", when i noticed somefin..

On a pop up window it says..

Please Wait...
    Windows Update is customizing the product updates catalog for your computer. This is done without sending any information to Microsoft.

I dont know about this but should i believe it?? haha i really dont care much but it got me thinkin.. hehe

Translation:

This is MS, we will scan your computer for any Linux partitions, if any are found, you will have a brutal HDD failure. Furthur we will emit rays from your monitor and turn you into one of the mindless hoards of sheep under our mind control. If this software dectects you have not had a blue screen of death in the last 3 days, it will reboot your computer restoring the default blue screen.

LOL
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

I wouldn't ...

Personally, I would never trust a company that wants you to create an account with them to be able to use the software you pay mucho dollars for .... and an unsafe account at that too ...

BrainStop

you don't need an account to get updates.

And no, I don't trust m$, I think that for windows updates your not sending any personal info but I wouldn't bet money on it.

J.

Originally posted here by jcdux
    you don't need an account to get updates.

And no, I don't trust m$, I think that for windows updates your not sending any personal info but I wouldn't bet money on it.

J.
    Just an FYI. In a recent post about the Windows activation sceme being craked and a keymaker now being available. They had this to say about it and the MS update site.

In part, MS said:
    "Microsoft has the capability of zapping their installations as a side-effect of service packs and similar. As yet the company doesn't seem to have used Windows Update to deactivate warez systems, but it's possible. "

The article:http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/24065.html

Scarey, is it not.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Banned
    LOL... Why would you ever trust M$?

Banned
    Isnt it sad that we cant trust Microsoft due to their reputation, its their own fault and well everyone wants privacy!