Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: free way to lock your folders in windoze

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I did this to someone i was pissed off at a long ass time ago. I copied everyfile on his Harddrive like 5 times and put them all into one of these "locked" folders. I couldnt help but laugh as he explained in class that he couldnt understand why 40 gigs had dwindled to 100 megs over night. Gawd that was mean. Oh well, you live, you learn.Cool thing about his feature is that when you try and delete it, it gives an error. And when you try and pull the properties, size comes back 0kb. I thought i was slick when i did this......ohhhhhhhh.....2 years ago. Now i know I was just taking advantage of this poor trusting fool.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

That could be the cause of the difference we experience.
    I also use NTFS.

Grtz,

sparkant.

Nice trick, but a little bit oldie....it used to work on 9x win's.....not anymore...
    But.....like Invictus said....why not using permissions on NT, 2k, XP boxes instead of this ????
    -= Even the wildest river
    ends somewhere safe in the ocean =-

oldie but goodie...i remember back in HS everyone thought i was l33t because i knew the 'secrets' of ASCII characters. Ah...the good ol' days

ive had success with it on win95, win98/SE, win2kpro machines. sorry if some think i didnt explain it very well to 8ball i meant to use the character from alt-255 in the space right before whatever name you want to call the folder you are hiding. not just anywhere in the folder name. and also, to whoever said that that isnt an underscore, it is in the gui. try it. ______
    heh. its just that the character set for ms-dos commands is different so the gui is fooled.
    all work and no play makes bios a dull boy

Nice little trick!!!!! Man this was new to me like everything in here dont think there has been a day i have not learnt somthing new!

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

ammo alt 255 is an underscore when you are in the gui. its a blank space in ms-dos. like i said its the character sets that are used are different. the blank space is what renders the folder hidden while in the GUI.
    all work and no play makes bios a dull boy