View Poll Results: What should be done with AntiPoints?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abolish the system altogether!

2 8.00%
  • Less emphasis on AntiPoints

2 8.00%
  • More emphasis on AntiPoints

4 16.00%
  • Keep them as they are

17 68.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News Forum

News Forum

Ok - some member suggested I post a poll on this issue.. Do you think we should have a specific forum for those who post only newsclippings. I do think it would be useful to members to go there for your news story updates and would stop them from showing up all over the place, often eliciting nasty responses or snide comments and -tive points.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Hey well JP use to have just full news forums, were people just replyed and wrote comments on the news articles. That was the main thing of the site. But now the main focus of the site are the discussion forums.
    But back to the post, i think this would be a good idea. Maybe the reason why JP took down the news forums was because he didn't have enough time to update them? But your way would be good, because he wouldn't have to manage them.
    If this does go ahead though, there should have a rule that you HAVE to post the link back to the site. Other wise we wouldn't know the source of the news etc..

script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

good idea morfius. That rule is just what we need.

Banned
    Once again just pledging my support.

Thanks.
    But i was wondering... did you mean make it as a seperate forum from the actual discussion forum? Because i don't think there would be enough space on the front page to list both recently posted threads, on each forum

script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

No I think the same one is the way to go. Just the latest post would show on the main page.

I agree it would be a good idea with a "news forum" .

i think the 'news forum' would be good... as long as the post still show up on the main page

Heh...I'm looking at the polls and I guess I'm the only one objecting. I have my views on this, so bear with me for a while.

I really don't think there should be a News Forum for a number of large (yet obvious at some times) reasons.
    [list=1][*]People will post news that is not computer related at all. Trust me, this will happen.[*]A few individuals may find it necessary to -point people for "unuseful" or "old" computer news.[*]This will only lead on to more forums such as a "NonSec.Forum" or a "GeneralNewsForum" ...[*]People will abuse the forum...as with any other.[*]You can find all the latest news from one or two sites. Just a brief runthrough of the mainpage will give you all you need to know[/list=1]

So you see. I don't find it abruptly neccissary to start a NewsForum. And by the way, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't JP put up a NewsForum, but then took it down? Just my thoughts on this...

Feel free to give your ideas.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

WebCarnage - thks for your frank post.

I point out-

1. People already post news not computer related at all.

2. People -tive for those reasons right now.

3. Hmm.

4. As you mention, some will abuse the forum. It's done now.

5. This has always been true. In fact if more would use search engines or look up their own news then very much less bs news posts would be made.

So - whatever. If there is a news forum, it might move a lot of posts out of where they are being put now.