Thread: good general linux books....

good general linux books....

Hi all,

I recently picked up what seems like a good book.

"Linux Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition" by Paul Sheer.

So far it seems like a good indepth yet general guide to linux systems administration.

I was hoping someone could give me their opinion on this book, and maybe also recommend some other good ones...

IchNiSan

Banned
    It depends what distro you have... I have 'Hacking Linux Exposed' by Brian Hatch, James Lee,and George Kurtz, it shows you how to protect against common hacker attacks, and the more serious ones too (http://www.osborne.com)
    Another good book I have is the Red Hat Linux 7.2 Bible - Unlimited Edition, by Christopher Negus, the book is a general tutorial/explanation/admin guide to RH 7.2, They have them with other distros too. (http://www.books24x7.com).
    Hope this helps you out

Thumbs up

I have a simular book called hacking exposed.It talks about security vurnibilities in the windows operating systems its very interesting.

Originally posted here by -=X[Scott]X=-
    I have a simular book called hacking exposed.It talks about security vurnibilities in the windows operating systems its very interesting.
    if u have e-book hacking exposed then can u send me at pok_pok_007@yahoo.com
    i will be very thankful to u...
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

Naw sorry i dont have an e-book for it.Its cauld hacking exposed secon edition,you can find it at www.hackingexposed.com but it costs quite a bit....

_Linux Unleashed_ by Bill Ball et al.
    Sams 2000

Linux: The Complete Reference - mcgraw-hill
    Linux in a Nutshell - Oreilly
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]