Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic Firewall tutorial.

Basic Firewall tutorial.

Basic Firewall tutorial.

The number ONE all time best hacking tool that absolutely can NOT be done without, is your mind; and learning to look at a problem from all angles and even after finding a solution to a problem trying to arrive at the same solution using different means to arrive at the same conclusion of solution.

The same tool (your mind) is also the best protection against hack attempts, this will always be the fight between minds and the strongest will win, atleast temporary since the struggle always will continue.

But it's always wise to use good tools aswell and that is what this basic tutorial is all about.

To save space have I attached the tutorial instead of post it in this forum.

~micael

good work micael. This should help people out.

btw - I found the Aaland Islands, not to far from Turku or Stockholm.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Thumbs up

Nice tut.
    I found the Aaland Islands as well. Nice lookin place to visit.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

You are all welcome to visit this small Island !

Originally posted by gold eagle
    good work micael. This should help people out.
    btw - I found the Aaland Islands, not to far from Turku or Stockholm.
    Its approx 4h by ferry to Stockholm and approx 5h to Turku.. The infamous party boats all goes to the Aaland Islands .

Originally posted by {P²P}Apocalypse
    Nice tut.
    I found the Aaland Islands as well. Nice lookin place to visit.
    Its a nice place a bit boring during the winter though. But in the summer its just a lovely place with new happenings every day (lots of festivals and sport events) .

hey micael...good job done man...since long time i was looking for something basic on
    firewalls... thanks to u man...

good post...

intruder...
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

You might have added "pf" to the list of free firewalls... Pf is the replacement for ipfilter on OpenBSD (3.0 and up) because of licensing conflicts...

Ammo

Originally posted here by ammo
    You might have added "pf" to the list of free firewalls... Pf is the replacement for ipfilter on OpenBSD (3.0 and up) because of licensing conflicts...

Ammo
    Thanks everybody !

Thanks for the suggestion ammo I'll add "Pf" in he next update if I can find any good info somewere, do you have any good links to share, would it make it a bit easier for me .

I have tried to cover as wide area as possible but I can't provide a complete list over firewalls since there are to many of them out there. I only hopes that I dont have forgotten to many of the major vendors .

~micael

Lightbulb

It's a good beggining, I think, and I found the list of different products very useful.

With regards to the description, I think a lot of explanation was left out that could be added. I'd encourage you to add more and more to the explanations, but a good start indeed.
    It doesn\'t matter how much you dress up a turd and make it pretty, it still came out of your ass.

Banned
    Good stuff!!!