Thread: Antipoint Selection Menu

Hi mom!

Antipoint Selection Menu

Maybe you could unselect both options on first loading the 'assign antipoints to post' popup, such that a user is forced to click on one of the two options? Stops people from making the same stupid mistake I just made

Damn, and I hardly ever give negative-antipoints - now I had the chance, but I messed up. I know, I know, I perform horribly under stress :P
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Ooh, I have stuff to add, just ideas:

Drop down-list of Antipoint reasons? Maybe an (additional) "General Reason" field, in which a nondefault value needs to be selected?

The "assign-towards-even" option, so that you can use a smaller than normal amount of your Antipoint-punch in order to bring a post back to even, without overcompensating.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

In a similar fashion to Terr's suggestion of points towards even, I have another small idea...

A simple sliding scale, allowing you to choose whether to assign a full antipoints hit, a medium or a low..

This would allow users to give Full Antipoints hits to posts the believe are extremely good, or a lower amount, fitting with a post that is good, but not deserving of the large amount of points that some of the members with too many greenies to count can give..
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

This is all good ideas and I totally agree with Matty_Cross "sliding scale" based antipoint system, I like that idea.

I think the antipoint system is good enough as it is...sure these features would be cool, but are they really worth the hassle of implementing them?
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

Well, the suggestions offer good additions to the antipoints system.. ones which would be quite useful (sorry, I really like the sliding scale idea).. I mean, being able to cater how large a dose of antipoints you unleash upon someone would be wonderful..
    If someones being an annoying SK, I smack them with a full fist of antipoints..
    But if they've just made a mistake and I don't view it as deserving a full hand, I can give the a bitchslap, only giving them a half dose of points...

And Terr's idea of Adjust to even is also quite useful, as people giving the correct information, which does not co-incide with a few members ideas on the matter, are often unjustly given negative points for a perfectly accurate posts..

I agree that the antipoints system is good... along with the whole site..
    But as for these suggestions being worth the 'hassle' of implementing, yes, I do think that they would be worth it, and I don't think that they would be all that much 'hassle' at all...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Banned
    hmmm also on the topic of ao points we need a way to annonemosly if thats how u speel it pm people that give u ao points withought a name so we can discuss the reason they gave those stupid god damn reason just a thought thanks
    RiOtEr

Terr, how many times have you posted those ideas already? You have those always in your clipboard?-)
    Anyway, I also like yours & Guus's ideas.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

ZeroOne: I am so very evil. I guess it's because they haven't been shot down by the powers that be.

In terms of a scale.... how about INSTEAD of "How much do you wish to assign?" It could be a scale of "What post level would you like to try to send this thing to?" To use a metaphor (this isn't literal), the distance between where you click and where the post currently is corresponds to how many points you would like to give out.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency