Thread: Logout button in threads

Logout button in threads

Hello Jp!

Good day to you! I noticed that after viewing threads, we need to click on the Home link and click the logout button under the Your Account section. Instead of going back to the home page, I would like to suggest a logout button in the Discussion Forums, particularly in every thread. So that whenever members browse on the threads and would later on decide to logout , they would just click the logout button within the thread, which they are viewing. No need to click on the Home link to be able to click the logout button that's located under the Your Account section.

Thanks

A blessed day to all!!!!

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. ~ William Penn

I agree that this would be a nice added feature.
    Jealousy consumes the weak.
    http://www.badconnections.net

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    People actually log out?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    Some do!!

Anyway its a nice idea and I agree alexzel!

Senior since the 3 dot era
    People actually log out?
    Did you mean do ppl use the log out button or just close their browser window...?

People actually log out?
    Or did you mean [ironic] that we stay online all the time [/ironic]?

Uhmmmm... I'am thinking to deep again... help

anyway: The idea from Alexzel is very very good...
    I was thinking exactly the same yesterday evening.
    thx Alexzel to post the suggestion and greetings to you, and to you all.

I agree with alexzel it would be a nice feature .

People actually log out?
    hehe i was thinkin of that same question... hehe coz i never log out.. i juz close da browzer or go to another website.. but then if i was in a public computer, i'd log out..

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Hey, Sonic, watch out!

Logging out is not enough on a public computer... if you have set in AO options: use cookies to keep your current session and/or use cookies to reconnect. Then whenever someone enters www.antionline.com and the browsers cache / disk cache / cookies are not cleaned by exit they will see your account. I have seen this at my University library... people used forums logged out and did not clean the browsers history things... everyone was able to access their accounts.

In our university labs, the admins have installed the workstations with a network login and the script does a quick format of the d: (user) and compares installed progs on c:, and cleans everything... so every personal settings is erased when you do a network account log off. But not every public computer is configured that way... see the library example above. So better watch out.

I always log out the right way on public (cyber cafe) puters...

U just never know
    and on win 9x I allways run (hehe they didn't restrict that) deltree /y c:\windows\Cookies
    and c:\windows\temp*

cool idea Alexzel
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

good suggestion - i never have the need to logout as our uni comps work in much the same way as VictorKaum said so no-one can access my account (i hope) if they come on the computer after me

and at home......well I'm the only one who uses the comp here so no point really...

but for those of us who do log out after every sesion it seems like a good/practical idea

v_Ln