The other day I was with a few friends went I met this girl. So we started talking about this and that, all of the sudden we get into the topic of computers and I tell her that I am the manager for an MIS department. All of the sudden she start talking "oh so you know about computer, are you a HACKER?"

Are you a HACKER? like if she has any idea what a hacker is or why hackers exist in the first place. I mean this is something I hate. Just because someone knows a little bit about security or can get around and "intrude on some Win9X machine" doesn't make them a hacker. She goes on telling me about how she is so intrigued about the "hacker world" like if she knew anything about it. So I asked her what does a Hacker mean to you? I got an answer of someone that can break into computer and do damage for their own benefit. That is something I hate as well. That is wrong. I mean I believe that their are people that do this for their own gain but the community at large are people that want to learn more and do not believe in the personal gain out of things done wrong but want to be able to do the things that people tell them are impossible. Figure out the world behind a computer screen.

It is just people like her and society that have an image of a world that is totally wrong and without the ablilty of them being able to understand why we do things. They become afriad of the thing they don't understand and close of the chance of understanding by hating.