Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back!

I'm back!

Hey everyone, just thought I'd say that I'm back, and gloat for a minute that my friend and I once again cracked our school's firewall software (a new one - SmartFilter!) As usual, school board techs know nothing (all though you will occasionaly find a smart one, but it's rare).

SSJVegeta-Sei (with help from Silent Dragon)

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

"SSJVegeta" - Another Dragonball Z fan, eh?
    I thought at first it was a fairly uncommon programme, that not many people knew of it... turns out I was wrong!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Thou kidst not
    If you like DBZ, check out my story at www.fanfiction.net - search for ssjvegetasei and read Dragonball: Timelines - Vegeta-Sei is a character of my own creation and that's his story.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.

OK... I will
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

I am a cracker
    Hey everyone, just thought I'd say that I'm back, and gloat for a minute that my friend and I once again cracked our school's firewall software (a new one - SmartFilter!) As usual, school board techs know nothing (all though you will occasionaly find a smart one, but it's rare).

I cracked my High School's(novell) lame security back in 1997 when I was a senior now I am busy trying to work on cracker projects

Actually SmartFilter is not a firewall it is a url blocker. But that's ok...I won't hold it against you. Welcome Back!!

Hey cracker...I would like to know more about that novell hack...please tell us how you did it

Yes. Do tell.........
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Welcome back....

And yes please share....
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

haraam77

Talking Welcome back.....

How 'bout some details.....sounds interesting.

All right, I'm going to give the full details for three reasons:
    1) I was asked.
    2) Have to clear up that "firewall" thing.
    2) A certain person who will remain nameless gave me negative feedback and called me a scr1pt k1dd13.

Friday afternoon, once classes ended, a technician came in to ghost the computers using Norton Ghost. Prepared for this, I had already removed all of my programs. When I sat down at my computer on Monday, the first thing I did was reinstall Netscape (they've crippled M$ explorer quite badly.) I attempted first thing to access AntiOnline, to announce my return. However, I was told that it was blocked by SmartFilter (reason: criminal information). Finding every other site in existance blocked besides Google, I set out to remove the protection. First things first, I surmised that the program must be server-side, since my installation of Netscape was brand new. So I went to settings, and discovered that it had automatically retrieved proxy settings, but they were set on manual at firewall.gedsb.net (Grand Erie District School Board - gedsb) - therefore the program must be running on the firewall proxy. Next, to find the true server, I ran a tracert on gedsb.net, and traced back four hops. After that, I ran a port scan on the four machines that I had traced. gedsb.net itself, although fairly wide open, had nothing that I could exploit to get rid of smartfilter, so I tried the next machine back. Security outside the board is very good, but when you are logged in, the computers are simple to access. I found that the next hop back from the server (10.197.64.1) was running an old version of Unix, and that port 79 had been left open to anyone logged in (for those who aren't familiar with this exploit, port 79 is the telnet Finger port - look up the vulnerability on BugTraq if you're interested). I telnetted in, and ran a **** command (///$*$1122) which dumped me into the root. Once in the root I began looking around, and soon found what I was looking for - a list of local proxies that services were running on. The firewall was listed, plus a seperate proxy for SmartFilter. However, there were a few left, one for admin net access without filtering. (10.192.1.2) Exiting Telnet, I replaced firewall.gedsb.net with 10.192.1.2 et voila! Unlimited access to the net (much faster too!)

I hope that this clears up any talk of me being a scr1pt k1dd13... you know who you are.

SSJVegeta-Sei