Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posts suggestion

I am a cracker
    QUOTE]I got tired of seeing a lot of people abusing the ranking system by making non-security related posts (world's longest thread, short story) and I was thinking, it would be nice if the person who starts the thread can specify whether the posts on that thread count towards elevating in the rankings. Something like a checkbox that says "Posts do not count" or something of the sort. That would mean that only the people who make relevant posts rise in the rankings. Could be something to think about. It could also have implications for abuse though, so let me know what you guys think. [/QUOTE]

People abusing the ranking system? I don't care about points,posts or anything like that. It doesn't prove how smart you are or how much you know, [B]most of these members don't KNOW "security by obscurity "that is, don't assume that users are stupid. Some users are smarter than your assumptions; the others make the most amazing mistakes [B]
    I come to this site because I know there are some very highly intelligent people here who are mentors and hackers/crackers and are willing to help you out. So stop worrying about the anti points posts etc....

non-security related posts (world's longest thread, short story)
    I dont want do call you a hypocrite but looking at your last 20 post
    os beer , short story and Poll whats the best cartoon .You did not write
    about security and in Short story you put five words Last 20 post

I think that Security Posts are important....but so are non-secucity...

I am a firm believer that less Gov. is better Gov., if only on this website!

(Full Disclosure - I don't know for sure, but I often reply to non-security posts, although I don't think I have started too many non-security threads)
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Banned
    Greetings All:

Sorry, but allowing users to specify threads as "not-counting" is a bad idea.

I appreciate the suggestion though!