View Poll Results: Are white hats losing to black hats?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we are losing ground to attackers

1 10.00%
  • Yes but we are catching up, tools improve

3 30.00%
  • Barely ahead, but soon we'll be way ahead

1 10.00%
  • We're even for now

4 40.00%
  • No but they will win

0 0%
  • No we got them on the run finally

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera 6.01 released 2/12/2002 (info)

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Talking Opera 6.01 released 2/12/2002 (info)

This is just to let all the other avid Opera fans know that Opera 6.01 was released (I'm a bit slow on the browser front otherwise I'd have had this up a week ago).

Details on the mad storming-of-Europe for Opera can be found here .

Details on the changelog for Opera 6.01 can be found here .

Standard Java 1.3 is bundled with it and I think it's still the 1.3.1 release.

Having read through the changelog, it's seeming that Opera's becoming a mouse-less browser with as many hotkeys as they have, woohoo!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

haven't used it yet.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Gah, you haven't? That's ok, unless you're using IE just because it's packaged with the OS, hehe, then we'd have to hunt ya down. Nah, seriously, it's a great browser. It takes a day or so to learn the stuff but I'd be surprised if you used anything else afterwards. It's very standards-compliant and if web pages are busted through Opera, that's because the suckass sellout webmasters made it IE friendly.

Hope you give it a shot.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

oblio
    oh boy! can you tell us when version 6.0.2 comes out mister!

Opera is ok. I still use IE for most of my stuff though, just because of it's convenience.

Originally posted here by oblio
    oh boy! can you tell us when version 6.0.2 comes out mister!
    Its quite simple to do that, even you can do that Oblio. Set www.opera.com as your startpage and read the headlines, someday you'll read in the headlines that version 6.0.2 have been released .

Originally posted here by delstar
    Opera is ok. I still use IE for most of my stuff though, just because of it's convenience.

Convenience? LOL....I've never heard of IE being called convenient before. Oh well, to each their own.

I've been using Opera for quite a while now and haven't looked back. It's lightweight, easy on memory, has it's own stop/pause/resume download manager (although not as good as Getright) and most imporatantly, it looks good! Those who haven't tried it should give it a go.....

hmm ive been wondering.. is there anyway where Getright could work with Opera? or where Opera could use Getright as its default/custom browzer?

There sure is. Have a look at the plug ins page at the Opera site. There's one there for Getright...

Senior since the 3 dot era
    mouse gestures !!! I can't work without them. Opera rulez