Thread: Feed back??

Question Feed back??

In recent years, Feed backs have become more and more regular, helping the growth of new code and patches (Funny how this Never seems to happen to M$)
    As Mpore And More poeple started to send Feedbacks, a need for Automated sorting was needed, and the only way to sort raw and almost random text, would be to Make it standardized, and Hence, make it Automated....

At first this seems like a Good Idea, But what Do we Know about the information that is sent off, where it is from or if it is even relevant....

XP's new Error Feedback seems like a good idea at firs, but How do we know that It is sending what it is suposed to send...
    It might be sending Statistics on your Online time, or most used files. Behavioral Patterns....Who knows...

In a world like this, there is very little that we have Direct controle over....

This really scares me.....
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Hi mom!
    I think this new function in WinXP has been tested by about anyone with a packetscanner - if Microsoft would send more/other information than what they're telling you they are sending, it would've come out by now, so I think you don't have to worry about that. And I think you're right - automated error feedback can be wonderful, it helps recovering bugs a bit faster, and should make the life for us digital lurkers a bit more enjoyable
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I think you're just a little too paranoid bud. If you are that worried, don't report anything. (No offense meant, BTW)

i'm sure there's an option to not send feedback...and even if there isn't...if you've a good firewall...it shouldn't let any prog "phone Home" without your express consent...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Hi mom!
    That's it! Now I know what Bill's face makes me think of! ET's glowing finger, do you think that's RSI?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

yeah.... i don't think it is too dangerous. i've actually had some problem's fixed through error reporting on windows xp, oddly enough .
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda