Thread: Thanks for Python

Thumbs up Thanks for Python

I'm sorry, but I can't remember who it was. It was posted a while back in a thread that I have since deleted from my list. I have been using C++ and VB for some time and find them useable for my needs. However someone recomended Python. So I went and got it. So far I like it. It's a very functional and robust language. So whoever you were, thanks.

PS: Those of you that use Python. Has it help in your endevors in programing?
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

What exactly is python? Is it a scripting language, or more like C or Java?
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

So far from what i've messed around with so far. It's in between Qbasic and C++.

The simplisity of Qbasic and the power of C++. I have'nt used it enough or learned enough about it to made an educated report of it. Only my first observations from playing around with it.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language. It incorporates modules, exceptions, dynamic typing, very high level dynamic data types, and classes. Python combines remarkable power with very clear syntax. It has interfaces to many system calls and libraries, as well as to various window systems, and is extensible in C or C++. It is also usable as an extension language for applications that need a programmable interface. Finally, Python is portable: it runs on many brands of UNIX, on the Mac, and on PCs under MS-DOS, Windows, Windows NT, and OS/2.
    -- Pythyn FAQ http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.py?req=index
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

{P2P} Don't thank me thank Monty & Team for this langauge.

There is also JPython that was built for working with java. Learning python helps me out

Maybe I'll try perl later but for now its python all the way

Seems pretty cool. I'll have to check this out...
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

Python is awesome. It can be used just like perl except a little bit more organized. It is also OO so you can use it instead of Java or C++ (wouldnt recommend it, its interpreted not compiled)...But overall it is a great scripting language with a very low learning curve
    kNoWLeDgE