Thread: Where did it go??

Unhappy Where did it go??

Ok a bit of a puzzle for you - well not really a puzzle just something to pickle ur head

right 3 lil old ladies go out for lunch lil old lady A has a £5 note, lil old lady B has a £5 note as well and lil old lady C has 5 £1 coins.

After they have had their lunch they ask for the bill and the waitor tells them it is £15 - but after leaving them to settle it the waitor bumps into the boss who tells him to give them OAP discount of £5 - but feeling a lil greedy the waitor decides not to tell them and to simply keep the other £5 for himself.....

Each lil old lady pays a fiver for lunch to the waitor and he goes to put it in the till. But on the way there he feels bad towards the 3 ladies and decides to give them some money back - he gives each back £1 puts £10 in the till and pockets the other £2

When asked later how much lunch cost them the 3 lil old ladies reply £4 as they each paid £5 and got a £1 back - so that means altogether they paid £12 add that to the £2 the waitor kept and you have £14

What happened to the other £1!?!?!?

v_Ln

he gives each back £1 puts £10 in the till and pockets the other £2
    So three $'s would be givin back. $10 in his pocket (that means 13 so far) then pockets $2, for a total of 15.

Therefor ...he kept only $12. The ladies have $3 to spend.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Banned
    Why are you adding the £2 that the waiter kept... Your supposed to subtract it... Since he took it its £12-£2= £10 and £15-£10= the extra £5 that he took from them in the first place... If you need an explnation ill post it here later

Hi mom!
    Actually, lunch costed them 3.33. 15-5 = 10, 10 divided by 3 is not 4. That's what they THINK they paid, but .66x3 went to the waiter.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Banned
    He gave them back £1 remember.. So that makes it 3x£4 which is £12, you subtract what the waiter took.... Add the original £5 he took and you get their £15

yeah same way i worked it out - but when i saw it for the first time it had me shaking my head in confussion

v_Ln

Hi mom!
    euh, yeah, that's what I'm saying
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Banned
    LOL I just got it... Sorry Guus