Thread: Two New Forums

Two New Forums

As you might, or might not know. I'm not that big of a fan for potentially 'new' forums. But it has come to my attention that these two have not even been brought up by any of you, and yet, arguably, is a necessity for a website such as this. My two propositions to benefit AntiOnline, have finally arrived...
    [*]SecurityPatch Section:

This would be such a tremendous asset to the 'building' or 'production' of the site, as it is always doing so. This section should obviously have subdivisions of different operating system types. This would be a place to, evidently, give off patches to a certain OS for the latest flaw found in a Microsoft product, or a needed update for Apple computers. This should always remain at a distance with the "Security" forums, however. I beleive they should be a place to 'discuss' about the situation taking place, or give a little information about what is going on for the ignorant. Having a place like this will cut time on where to find that damned patch you needed but forgot the URL since you were on vacation with your girlfriend in Beverly Hills maxing out your parents credit cards for all their worth...

[*]HandHeld OS Forum:

I havn't seen much of this. I'm good friends with a 'mom' who's son is a hacker for the FBI, she was telling me how he hacked through his way (not deep mind you), to a few passworded files from the Pentagon,...via his PalmPilot. Obviously he was just checking up on the Pentagon's security and alerted them immediatly. But this just shows you the potential of a PalmPilot (and other handheld OS's) -- Proving that a handheld OS is just as important (and dangerous ) as a desktop, or 'real' OS as many of my friends like to call it. Now I don't think we should go outrageous and add a whole new section dedicated to handheld OS's, but just sliping a forum in the "Security Disscussions" and "Public News Groups" wouldn't hurt much.

Feel free to comment on this. I accept only what you give out to me.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

The security patch idea is a great idea! We've all seen a lot of these posts, and it'd be nice if they got an official home.

The second, I don't think is so great. This is the first mention of handheld OS's I've seen. Until they prove to be a topic of discussion, I don't think it's needed.
    Why am I still here?

Hi mom!
    ...What Alcatraz said...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Alot of security patch should just go in whatever os security discussion. If I am trying to secure a unix server, I don't wanna go through 50K threads on Microsoft patches. Unless we made a distinction.... *nix security patches, and MS security patches, and Mac security patchs. Or even... OS security patches, and Application security patches.

As far as the handheld, it could be interesting, but not necessary. There is some security involved, but most of the discussions would revolve around applications and the WinCE vs PalmOS battle. It could probably all fit in General Chit Chat.

But tha tis just my opinion.

btw....
    Proving that a handheld OS is just as important (and dangerous ) as a desktop, or 'real' OS as many of my friends like to call it.
    I am running a Sharp Zaurus 5000D. This is a completly bassed on linux. QT Linux (it's OS) has been ported to many Palm Devices. Therefore, they are just as "dangerous" because you can run any linux program on it.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Well said, all three of you. And point proven.

Yet Alcatraz does have a reasonable point...Discussions, even on "General Chit Chat", on HandHeld OS's arn't on the top10 list of everybodies mind. Good...lets just check and see what JP has to say about it.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Handheld OS just as dangerous as any other - hmmmm maybe once i get this damn Graphix handwriting recognition thingy working right on my Palm Pilot >_<;

v_Ln

Banned
    Greetings All:

Well, I think people have the right idea here:

#1. There isn't enough discussions about handhelds to start a seperate forum for them.
    #2. Patch info. belongs in the specific OS forum that already exists.

Thanks for the suggestions though!