View Poll Results: How do you think we should be able to assign antipoint??

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allow to give anywhere from -Max to +Max antipoints

3 33.33%
  • Allow to give certain options between -Max to +Max (i.e 1,3,5, etc...)

3 33.33%
  • Keep the antipoint system the way it is

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Privacy vs. Convenience - what would you do

Privacy vs. Convenience - what would you do

many airports in Canada are installing iris scanners at immigration point of entry checkpoints. as one who travels alot i spend hours standing in lines. if i wish, i will be able to fill out an application to bypass the lines and the customs officials and use the iris scanners. the catch...the application requires a background check, iris scan (obviously) and fingerprinting...(plus a $80 application fee..of course...)

i <have nothing to hide> but....how far is too far when it comes to privacy vs. convenience...

what would you do...?
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

I'd go for the Iris scan, just for the fun of it, maby even several times
    Interesing post by the way...
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I know that some airports have video cameras that unknowingly scan passengers faces as they leave the plane, in an attempt to identify any known criminals/terrorists that have previously have had their facial image stored in some database.

This makes you ponder about how much of this type of personal data has been stored about the everyday joe.

With the ever increasing activity of identity theft, you have to be pretty damn careful not to let your personal data fall into the wrong hands.

We cant trust companies to secure their network appropriately, otherwise we wouldnt be AO members right? So why on earth would we trust these comanies with information that could potentially be used against us?
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

I think it could greatly speed my way through the airport but I hesitate to give the govn't too much information. I'd pass the background check but what are they going to do with the information they gathered?

I recently moved to Portland, OR from East Coast. I have seen many news stories on identify theft rings busted, in Portland. Oregon, until 1997 sold DMV records to anyone who had the money and someone sold CDs with this information online. What's to stop the govn't of country XYZ from selling your information to marketers or people of less honest pursuits? Unless privacy is clearly addressed I would not sign up.

Cheers,
    -D

someday we will all have ID chips placed under are skin which will contain are full life history. So privacy will not be an issue for much longer. At least that is what I think.
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

What about barcodes tattooed on the backs of our heads?
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

oblio
    i love watching the cct tapes from england on tlc

cct tapes? whats that?
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

they will try to impliment the chips someday... if they can ever get technology to that point.

a scientist (i believe in england) tried to implant a chip in his skin containing his lifes info. basically his body rejected it and forced the chip out of his skin.... gross and painful... was nicely infected as well.

so we are safe for a while. i of course will refuse this when it does happen. they can kill me first. oh well.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

cct is close circuit television they watch all the streets of London, stores everything. Perhaps in time the only place private will be inside our own minds, and they will come of a way of getting in there too, its going to far, they say fight against terrorism but at what cost? Are well all going to be a blip on a screen watched by some minimum wage simpleton 24 hours a day? Think that the government would love to do that. Personally I think its going to far, man you can imagine it sit down on the toilet minding you own business and suddenly Bobs you uncle free internal exam.

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning