Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Whats your job?

I am 21, currently working as an intern system admin for a software development company. I have to take care of many win2k servers and 1 solaris server and offcourse help out the (l)users with tech support.
    Good part is it pays well and I am the only admin, nobody who tells me what to do

i am a net admin/security/pc repair/reseller/tech support

man i love it all too and just like you i have locked my self out of my own boxes
    i am working on expanding my service area and clientele (basically people that can't afford full time it pros.
    Ametuers get jail time Pros get jobs.

I'm not working at Video Update anymore, I work for a startup company called sure-sign.com
    I don't get paid that much but it's a good experience.

I'm an IT student at an Italian University, I hope to became a System Administrator.
    What is essential is invisible
    to the eye ...
    ]֧|-|

Ninja Code Monkey
    Hmmm...I'm 24 and primarily self taught (hoping to go to school this fall). I started out as a software tester working with unix/windows environments and all kinds of apps. Currently I do software development for a game company doing e-commerce sites/applications/etc.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

I am now a student at DeVRY, and am currently learning programming. It isn't a bad place to be, but it isn't the best one. I want to learn as much as I can about computers, because computers grab my attention. Hopefully, some day I will create something to be proud of. And the DeVRY I go to, is now a DeVRY University

I am a 31 yr old Operations Manager. Have worked for the same company for almost 13 yrs. I am responsible for the network, phone system, pagers, two-way radio system, voicemail system, and basically all operations and procedures of the company. I have obtained MCP status but have not had time to get the MCSE. I was also going to school to obtain my BS in CS but had to put that on hold. I have also been designing and developing websites since 1995 and prefer the developing side to the design side, I love to code.

ccKid

Banned
    I'm a Microsoft designer, im 26, and am getting very bored with this job. anyone want it.

'In between jobs at the moment....'

aka

'Laughing at the zit of life, trying to pop it where possible....'

aka

'Unemployable....'

I do technical support for United Online....Yes Juno and Netzero (dont laugh)
    I take inbound calls as well as doing callbacks fixing what the normal L1 agents on the floor were unable to fix.

You never know what you will hear or see next doing ISP tech support
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!