Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your job?

Whats your job?

Just kind of curious as to who everyone is, and what kind of jobs you have. I'm 25, and realizing that working with networks, computers and such is going to be my career. There are so many roads to go down, and learning security is just one of them. Thats why I love doing what I do, and talking to people in the same field.
    So I was wondering what you do.

Talk to you later.

Sr. Network Engineer/Security dude/New technology person/all around kinda person. My job description says I'm responsible for everything that plugs into the network....go figure.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Lead Senior IT Specilist Focus in SAP and ABAP. Keeping the R/3 system running smothly/
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    www.ev1.net
    I am tech support.Woo Hoo. I deal with the retards who dial into our servers asking us "what do i do now when i am online" I then ask if they are previose AOL users.Surpise Surprise they are. I tell them to click the "little blue e." Oh my god the ignorance.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Haha KoprDeath sounds like the same thing as me. We only have 3 people in our network team, and should probably have 3 more. So we all have to know everything. We specialize a little but thats it. We even have to do tech support! WOOHOO! We have users all over North America, so occasionnaly we have to ask the users to ship their machines to us. I had this one guy ship me his laptop. He took a manilla envelope, droped his laptop in there, put a few stamps on it, and dropped in a US mail bin. I get the laptop a week later, and the thing has a 2 inch cut right through the middle....you wanna talk about ignorance??
    haha

I'm just a kid (Yes, I admit that, I'm only 17). . .I worked as a network admin for some local hospitals, and I'm a part-time tech at a local repair shop. . .I have always had a knack for security, but I'm better at setting it up than breaking it down. (I've locked myself out of my own box too many times to remember)

I own a small company that outsources to small business's that have a need for IT support personel. But don't need any or can't afford any in company full time help. We provide everthing from network installation, system builds, database/sql, web design, programing, or just about anything else that they require. We also do network security and risk managment either onsite or remote. We sell and service everthing from routers/firewalls to network or www servers. A little taste of everything.

How does the old saying go. "Jack of all trades, master of none". LOL
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

I am the newly appointed unloading supervisor at a local Wal-mart store. My job cosists of unloading boxes and pallets of merchandise off of the trailers for 9 hours a day. The closest I get to computers, is when one comes in on the trailer, I have to unload it, and they are heavy.
    Jealousy consumes the weak.
    http://www.badconnections.net

Gbin@ryR
    From other thread i've learnt only one thing:"Why do you send nonsense threads".

Student, but part-timer at this place up the road owned by two gay dudes called "Rainbow Computers." Hmm, wonder where they got the name from?