Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: AOL users

WARNING: AOL users

this note is for anyone using aol...

i'm sure everyone remembers back to the "how to hack hotmail" posts.... well someone posted a possible way (making a fake hotmail login page and mailing the link...) you know the drill and if you don't i am sure you can figure it out. well anyway, to get to the point, someone has adapted it to aol. basically what they do is instant message you a link, the link takes you to a fake log in page for aol. it looks like when you get logged out of aol.com. this then logs your aol user name and password. i have heard from people that this 1337 HaXoR uses many screennames (usually free 1 month trials, or people's accounts he has previously stolen.) aol is currently trying to correct this, but is stumped... just thought i would give those of you with aol a heads up

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Thats way too easy.....gawd aol pisses me off........fishing is the oldest trick in the book....but it still works i can see. WARNING AOL USERS Dissconnect your pc, put it in the box and go back to thestore.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

i agree... fishing is always a viable trick, but you think people would learn not to fall for that. apparently, the name of the html page was fakelogin.html, that's how someone noticed it and reported it.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

good info lord_darkside_x.

Eventually there will be ways to compromise everything out there. I hope it is not too soon.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

TechieChick
    Fishing is old and lame but it's widely used becouse it works. You'd think people would learn after awhile.

Never fails though, the majority of my virused/hacked systems that come into the shop are AOL users. They leave with a different ISP, security and training.

I am a cracker
    My girlfriend and I use AOL version 7.0 we get them IM's all the time espically when you enter a chat room they pop up like crazy... good looking out

Ha Ha

I have seen site that look like the AOL login screen to try to get ur name/password long befor this. Most people that use AOL don't know better to do this so itsa good target. oh well they will learn
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

I have a question for you guy's where the hell have you been this kind of **** has been going on since 1996 hello, please keep all of us informed on the 1996 AOL promblems. Just keep on bashing on AOL this is some old ass news can you pllease find something up to date

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Originally posted here by Mr.Dos
    I have a question for you guy's where the hell have you been this kind of **** has been going on since 1996 hello, please keep all of us informed on the 1996 AOL promblems. Just keep on bashing on AOL this is some old ass news can you pllease find something up to date
    I have a question for you. Since when are dated exploits not worth mentioning? You think everyone that comes to AO knows all the tricks? Not hardly. It's not new to you or others maybe, but it is new for those who just got into security and know nothing. Remember when you were at that point? Yeah...thought so.

And check your spelling. Run-on sentences, misspelled words, lack of punction and incorrect contractions don't make for a 'scathing post'...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

HEY! Who set the flame bit to 1? It wasn't me.....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson