Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine.......

it's not that i don't believe that it happens... i just question the realness of these pictures. but like others have said... this is a two way street, as sad as it is. it's one of those, who is right kinda deals... people die everyday all over. it is very sad. what a sad world we live in
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Exclamation Re: Bimmer

Originally posted here by haraam77
    It's hard to convince anyone that such things are happening. Either they don't want to believe it or they don't care........or maybe just ignorance. Whatever the case may be, thank you for clarifying such. AH ....Haraam77
    haraam77, it's not that they don't care or they ignore it ..
    u can find allots of ppl. that they do .. but i think such a thing , if u didn't live it , u wont believe it , why ?
    coz' it's so hard for a normal human brain to accept such a truth ..
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

I've found truth, as it pertains to the middle east, is subjective at best. I could bring just as many "truths" from the other side but basically it's all propaganda.

Ignorance is a problem, but does that mean that anyone is going to stop the violence, No. They've grown to accept the situation, as bad as it is. And if this last personal bomb didn't make a clear enough point, then the next one will. That's a stupid way to try to make a point. It obviously doesn't work so why not try diplomacy.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

oblio
    haraam,

The PLO for years has housed known anti-israel militants and general crazies, they sponsor these groups and they brodcast anti israeli propaghanda to the citizens. They entice people to take up in arms and to attack israeli settlements. Israel is doing what any country would do when being attacked by another government, defending itself in any which way they can. Obviously force has been used in excess as has every conflict between two enemies at war in the history of men. I am not defending the shooting of babies but perhaps if the parents didnt want their children to die, they would take them away from clashes that have known to result in death instead of carrying their babies to the front lines. If these people are so concerned with not getting killed, perhaps they should stop throwing rocks at soldiers that will open fire, and if they dont want to get shot perhaps they shouldnt use their children as shields when brandishing an assault rifle at a soldier.

Thumbs up

Now, more than 50 years after WWII, you have
    people denying that any atrocities happened.

People believe what they want to believe.
    They believe whatever fits in with their own
    political inclinations.

No one can force someone else to see the truth.
    It's hard enough to get them to sit still long
    enough to hear your side of the story.

Even when the facts are clearly documented,
    people put a different "spin" on the facts
    so they can push their own agenda.

Follow the trial of Slobodon Milosevic.
    He swears that everything his people did,
    they did it in self defense.

The nazis had the German people convinced
    that they were fighting against a ruthless
    "international jewish conspiracy", that it
    was all in self defense.

You have to WANT to believe the truth.
    You have to be WILLING to be taught.
    You have to DESIRE to do right.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I have to agree with oblio on this one, although, I don't support either side of the current conflict.

I am a little disappointed with the US who for years condemned the harsh military actions undertaken by Israel but now they just slap an "anti terrorist" label on it and everythings fine...

Oblio makes another good point with his "children used as shields" comment. Obviously a war zone is no place for a child but where else have they got to go? The middle east is suffering a refugee crisis at the moment with thousand (more?) fleeing Afghanistan...

Anyway, far greater minds than ours have debated this topic and have failed to find answer....

Originally posted here by oblio
    haraam,

The PLO for years has housed known anti-israel militants and general crazies, they sponsor these groups and they brodcast anti israeli propaghanda to the citizens. They entice people to take up in arms and to attack israeli settlements. Israel is doing what any country would do when being attacked by another government, defending itself in any which way they can. Obviously force has been used in excess as has every conflict between two enemies at war in the history of men. I am not defending the shooting of babies but perhaps if the parents didnt want their children to die, they would take them away from clashes that have known to result in death instead of carrying their babies to the front lines. If these people are so concerned with not getting killed, perhaps they should stop throwing rocks at soldiers that will open fire, and if they dont want to get shot perhaps they shouldnt use their children as shields when brandishing an assault rifle at a soldier.
    Very wel said Debris, the Palestinian government hasn't done **** and people wonder why there kids get killed? They are always at the wrong place at the wrong time? BS, they shouldn't be throwing rocks in the first place and avoid places like perhaps say, the front lines?
    I am against this war, but this Israel vs Palestina crap has gone too far, even here in Holand Palestinians or other muslims harras Jewish citizens, and when dd the Jews all over Europe do anything? never. They never molested any muslim nor attacked a mosque.
    Right now the Rabbi in Holland has to walk over the streets with a body guard because the police cannot guarantee his safety.
    I didn't see that happening to any Imam.

i think oblio brings up a point that just strengthens the point many people have tried to make on many many forums. It all depends on what side of the fence you are on. everything in life is relative to one's own situation. the same goes with tragedy and atrocity. no one is more right than the other. it is all point of view and opinion. no one can diffinitively state who is right and who is wrong. i don't think anyone can ever be that unbiased. we can all choose sides, but sadly there is no right side, and even more sadly in war and violence there is no winner.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

A discription from metafilter.com:

---------------------

September 16, 2001

For All Those of Us Asking Why A Muslim activist presents "My explanation to the 'Attack' on the US from the Islamic perspective." Note the inverted commas around "Attack" and proceed to his contention that "It is not who did it! It is why it was done that really matters." Then take an industrial dose of anti-emetics and explore the "Jihad" section - including interviews with Osama Bin Laden under the "Heroes of Islam" menu - of the whole "IamMuslim.net" site. This is what we're all up against. Well, almost all of us, anyway.

-----------------

Domain Name: ANSWERING-CHRISTIANITY.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Solomon, Sam (SS15345) plstine1@HOTMAIL.COM
    Sam Solomon
    4722 E Bell Road Suite 3083
    Phoenix , AZ 85032
    602-971-9694

Do you think because the middle east chooses to fight and kill each other that justifies this attack on the US.

as you may have gathered i am not unsympathetic to palistinians. but when somebody hits me, there's no talking till the fights over. only finding their heads in a bag would please me.

in case you havn't noticed, people investigate everthing thats posted. you should do the same if you want to prove a point, because to me this didn't do it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Also, sure the palestinians have some radicals who commit suicide bombings, etc. But, at least it's not an organized government effort like the Israeli jews are doing.
    Neither Al Queda nor the Taliban were recognized governments. I think the US is completely justified in their actions just like the Israeli's are with theirs.

And it's a much bigger problem then "the palestinians have some radicals". The PLO harbors and supports groups like Hamas Those radicals number in the many thousands.

I know it;s very true that Israel kills many Palestinians. I also think it;s true that they are forced to do so. Peace talks have failed time and time again. Yasser Arrafat refuses to do anything substantial regarding the terror groups that his "country" is home to. They actually praise and make heroes outta the children that they manipulate into thinking that becoming a suicde bomber is a noble career choice.