Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aliens

Exclamation Aliens

First Off: I do believe in the existence of other life. Not that the universe really cares, but it would seem a waste of matter.

What I would from these beings: Take me away. In exchange for my knowledge of the planet Earth, I would like to know the secrets of the Universe. If they knew, I would like the know if there really was a divine being, and if there wasn't, I would request that they bequieth to me hard physical undeniable evidence (evidence that even the most ignorant believer would understand). I would like to know how the universe was REALLY created,a nd if by "God" then more hard evidence to prove it (and a quick conversion for me). I would like to see the other planets of the universe, and see what they look like and what, if any, life lived on them. The most wonderful thing to happen to me is if they decided to take me for say, 20 years (actually, I would request a few things before I left: A friend, two females, some Earthly stuff to remind me of where I came from, and to tell my parents why I am going, if allowed) to see the planets and explore places I have never been to or would any human before me. That is what I would really want...

Any comments?

Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

While a Lutheran by name, I am beginning to believe there is no god. I know this offends some, but I have seen too much to support this, and very little supporting otherwise. The universe will always be shrouded with mystery. We will never find a beginning. There will always be questions like "Why is there an existence?" and such. Throughout the history of the world, humans have always created gods in order to explain what they couldn't otherwise. The native Americans did it. The ancient Greeks did it. The ancient Romans did it. The ancient Egyptians did it. I believe Christianity is just the latest fad. All of them had some way of tying them to some sort of being on earth. I'm not saying Jesus never existed. That's pretty much an undeniable fact. I DO doubt, however, whether or not he really was the son of God. According to the Bible, he was of a virgin birth. I won't go far into this, but there are little *details* that could make that false.

As for alien life, I haven't decided where I stand. It is a big universe out there, and therefore lots of chances of there being another body of matter capable of and actively supporting living organisms. However, that doesn't set it in stone that there is one. Even if there is any other life out there, the odds of us finding it aren't that good. Remember, our galaxy alone has more solar systems out there than we could ever hope to account for. It takes roughly 20 years to get a probe out of our solar system, much less into another one in a different part of the galaxy. Besides, the signals back to earth weaken shortly after they leave out solar system anyway. There's also an estimated several billion galaxies in the universe. There may even be more on top of that. Our universe may be part of an even bigger system. We just don't know. My general point is that by the time we could search all the area to search, the human race will long have been extinct, and the sun probably will have exploded into a nova, completely engulfing the earth, and reducing it to nothing more than a huge cloud of vapor. We might as well keep trying to get lucky, but we will probably never find any alien life out there (unless they've found us already).

This question has bothered people for a long time. Most dont want to believe that theres other life out there. One of the main reason is that it causes people to think beyond their little square box. The most important thing that scientists have taught us is that noone knows all the answers. As for me I do believe that there it life out there, we would be pretty arrogant to think that in all the millions of stars out there that this planet was the only one to spontaneous create intellegent life. Now what it looks like I do not want to hazard a guess, but the one thing I am fairly sure of is that it wont look or act much like humans. We are some of the most barbaric creatures on this planet, they say that animals are stupid and have no souls and that they have not social structure but if they would stop and actually watch the animals reacting in their natural world they would see that there is a very strong social awareness in the group. I believe that alien life forms have taken a much different evolutionary path than humans. And that is one reason that they dont make contact very often.Another is because they know humans are a killer species and that if they make their presence known that most humans would be out to kill them. Most people fear that there might be a more advanced species out there and that we maybe the ones collected as specimens to be studied in labs. Also the planetary atmosphere would play a very important role in the developement of the bodies of the aliens. Maybe one day we will get to meet with other alien life forms I only hope by that time we have learnt to listen to what other beings have to say without being judgmental.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

The way I look at it, it's certainly out there. Whether we will ever encounter any in the imaginable future is another matter. Would we meet them WHEN they are alive, given the lifespan of the universe and civilizational peaks and falls? Could we make a dialogue? Would we recognize them as alive?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Personally, I think of things along the same line as Terr does. Somewhere even in our galaxy there has to be another intelligent life form. Whether or not we'll ever encounter on another is an entirely separate issue.

Good discussion topic.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

I think there are other life forms out there, probably intelligent ones too. What sort of scares me is that no one has questioned the existence of an intelligent life form on earth.
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

lol @ ManKan - some days I wonder about that 2
    but I do believe that yes there is inteligent life out there - but the chances of ever coming across it are remote - maybe someday but I doubt I'll be here to see it

v_Ln

Yet, you'll have to understand...that people make a big scruff out of these things. If there were an extremely advanced (and I mean extremely) life form out there, that did find and know about us. Then why in the universe would they come down to meet us? There is no point, no rational explination to do so...all thats needed, is to set up a miniture - 2 man station on the moon, and simply observe us. Implying that they have advanced technology to even reach the farthest parts of the universe; for we are the farthest for them, vise versa - then they must have advanced probing and survallance tools. Making it simple as hell to do whatever they want. And if they did infact need a live specimen for their studies, then all thats to do is take a group of people, animals and plant life. All in one go. All this 'BS' about humans being returned is highly unlikly. They would not waste precious fuel simply because of morals. In the study of science, boundaries and lines fade away,...for knowledge, knows none.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

great post ! and good quote i love it when you can quote yourself ....
    i think therefore i am said Descartes ... thus we are inteligent being, are we going to be selfish and assume that nowhere else life can evolve ? maybe even inteligent life.. ?

the one common thing about religion is that they define what happens after death some go into reincarnation hell heaven plants whatever it gives hope to the people (who at that time where less then educated) that hope was canalyzed by some form of institution churches/ temples or whatever ... thus giving some legitemacy to some dude because of his special connection with the greater being... That need of believing in something after death has scared people for centuries... even now i pretend not to be scared of my death and not to whatever happens afterwards well it's not entirely true, i'd ike to kown and that is human nature to be curious! we all are curious
    is there life out there probably, out to search for us probably too, have found us probably not ...
    assembly.... digital dna ?

Ask yourself, why are you here? Here in life? Why is the universe here? The answer to this question is what gave rise to the notion of god, because it neatly answers the question why. Why is a dangerous question, because it's difficult to answer. One can answer "why not", existance for existances sake, but isn't existance harder than non-existance? Perahps that line of reasoning is wrong, and it IS easier for something to exist than not exist. Why is a very interesting question.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.