Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XBOX OR Playstation 2?

I am a cracker

Question XBOX OR Playstation 2?

My little brother's birthday is this Sunday he is turning 12, and I want to get him a video game system
    But I am clue-less about them so which one is better, and which one would you recommend?

Just my vote,
    X-BOX
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

Thumbs up

X-Box...................
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

for 12 year old...ps2....more games...and more games "appropriate" for his age range...(my gawd...i sound like an old man...hehe)

ps/2 plays dvds without having to pay an extra 40 buck or whatever it is ...plus is compatible with all ps1 games...

i'd even look at a gamecube...for a 12 y/o...ya know...those pokemons..mario and zelda...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

I am a cracker
    i'd even look at a gamecube...for a 12 y/o...ya know...those pokemons..mario and zelda...

Well thats what I thought to, but he said he wanted a xbox or ps2 he said the game cube doesn't play dvds and the games are for kiddys

hehe...well...kids grow up fast these days...

to be honest i wouldn't get a gamecube...try to stick one of the n64 carts in a game cube and ya get a lot of clucknkwhirrrsparksmoke...

again..ps2 is best ...plays dvd's outta the box...without the extra cost attachment...and hey/....you can get linux for ps2 soon...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Game Console

I would personally go with a PS2, because as zigar said, it plays DVD's right out of ze box.. Xbox requires a special add on. It also depends on what you want the system for. If you are looking for a system that has games more for the mature, diehard gamer, the Xbox is the way to go. If your recipient is not a die-hard gamer, but still wants performance, the PS2 is once more the way to go. If performance at its best is what you are looking for, then the XBox is for you, with its 700mhz processor, and it superior graphis capabilities. But on the downside (in the case of a 12 year old) most of its few games out there are made for the older gamer who spends a lot of time playing games, which is actually Microsoft's target audience.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

PS2 all the way. I like the graphics better, it runs nicer and has alot more games. another thing is x-box is made by microsoft, and i don't trust it. besides, i have seen my friends x box crash more then once. i have never seen ps2 have any probs (ps1 yes, ps2 no) so there you go
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Banned
    Graphics resolution:

XBOX: 1920x1080

PS2: 640x480

Processing power:

XBOX: Pentium III 733MHz, 233MHz nVidea graphics processor, DirectX8.

PS2: 294,912MHz

Pheripherals:

XBOX: Standard: 4 controllers, 8GB HDD, 10/100 ethernetadapter, Hardware supported Dolby Digital 5.1 (256 channels) High Definition Television-support for games +DVD,

PS2: Standard: two controllers, DVD (Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS) (48 channels), two USB-ports (12MB/s), IEEE1394 (iLink)-port (400MB/s).
    Optional: Online gaming: HDD+Nic; Linux Kit: 40GB HDD, 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX Ethernet card, USB keyboard, mouse, and VGA AV-connection.

My opinion: The XBox beats the PS2 if we're talking about prestations/quality, no doubt about it. PS2 though is much cheaper, and there are more games available...

I'll recommend the XBOX - I haven't played it nor seen it in the flesh, but I've heard it's quite good - not as much games as PS2, but I'm sure they'll be coming out exponentially!!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester