Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XBOX OR Playstation 2?

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Well why dont we look at who made the Xbox and PS2? Then it becomes Microsoft vs. Sony.
    To me the decision is easy.However i think the game cube would be more appropriate for younger kids. The choice is yours. Microsoft or Sony.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Go for the Xbox.. or get two PS2. One for you and one for your brother
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

i have game cube ps2 and xbox

i like ps2 alot and game cune is fun but xbox is.... alright i suppose

but ps2 = best
    game cube = fun when u have many people 2 play wit
    xbox = eh.... miscrosoft normal type of product... big bright flashy but not much under the hood in usefullness

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

hey man XBOX is good one.. i don't have one but i have seen .. it once .. that's it ..but it
    is very famous.. and i have heard a lot.. so i think the ideal thing.. for your brother .. will be XBOX hehehe..

give him .. ... good... and he will be very happy....

intruder...
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

PS2 all the way - I've had my PS2 since the first day they hit US shelves and have loved it ever since. I've played my friends' Xbox on numerous occasions and I'm not at all impressed. I even read a while back that some of the games that were on both PS2 and Xbox were getting much higher reviews on PS2 than Xbox - even with Xbox's power, the PS2 was still beating it in every category. Plus, like it has already been mentioned, PS2 plays DVD's, there is a large selection of games, and Microsoft makes Xbox! I'm thinking of buying a GameCube just for Star Wars though! Forget about the Xbox, put money into a PS2 and a few games.

Just my thoughts...
    - Maverick

OK, a lot of people are saying that for kids, the GameCube is the better choice. Yes, it may be, I don't really know. But, the kid is turning 12 - he/she isn't a child, they are growing up and soon will be a teenager. How often do you buy a game console - I'm sure it is NOT as often as a PC. The kid is gonna grow up and soon he/she might outgrow the GameCube games. That is why I think the XBOX will be a better choice.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

I have played them both. If you are looking for a selection of games, the PS2 wins hands down. However, the Xbox does have some nice feature, like the internal hard disk. No need for memory cards. the only problem is that the game selection is not to good, and the controller is huge.

just my opinion

XBOX...why? Microsoft is obviously backed my loads of cash...while PS2 may be superior in a few things right now as a few(Neg as well) pointed out...as I see it, the XBOX will keep coming out with games for a verrry long time...I've never played either...but right now I'd rather have that XBOX...i like Linux as a few of you can agree with...but I want to be assured that there will still be new games to play...I don't want to have another 'Sega Dreamcast'...you all know where that lead...right down the toilet...anyways...sorry for babblin'

For my tow cents... my PS2 has died twice... d@mn lasers keep going out but I got ver1 the day they came out... and my XBOX works great..... better games so far on PS2 but it's a year older... when PS2 came out I mostly used it to play my PS1 games (wich is one of it benefits)... so I expect XBOX to have some good games out in a year.... hopefuly ones that use its power. I would get an XBOX b/c of the problems I have had with man PS2.
    Just my thoughts.
    A squirrel with no nuts will soon starve.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    PS2. That way, if you are ever looking for a cheep present, you can always pick up an old PS1 game.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman