Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ~*~*ICQ Hacked*~*~

I actually quite like ICQ.. *GASP*

I have never had any real problems with it. My computer has never crashed due to ICQ doing anything, I can run shitloads of programs without ICQ bogging down the computer...

Now, I'm not saying that I have never had an ICQ problem.. I on average get one per Windows installation.. for example, on my Windows 98 box, if you try to shut down when ICQ is running, it takes a while to get ICQ to shut itself.... On my Win2kAdvSvr box, one random user on the list would come through with White Text on White background.. easily fixed by disabling colors....

Security wise.. I've never encountered any of the issues that I read about so often with ICQ.. I guess that could because no-one actually cares that I exist..... *sigh*
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

There's nothing wrong with ICQ - just didn't do well for me in the development environment.

Who knows why - some of my installed programs didn't jive with ICQ, or I just need a better box - ( sounds good - do ya think my boss will go for that?? It may be worth a shot! )

I have no problems with it at home, just got away from using it. Actually -- I still have it installed here. May just dig it up and put it to use again.

I, also, never had any security problems, just crashing into oblivion. Never happened again after I uninstalled ICQ.
    ~~ Mindy...HERE

\"It works on MY computer!\"

Hey thanks for posting that. I know I'm a bit late, but still, thanks a ton.

Well - I'm bringing back ICQ from the dead. Had to re-register because I forgot my number....
    ~~ Mindy...HERE

\"It works on MY computer!\"