Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~*~*ICQ Hacked*~*~

~*~*ICQ Hacked*~*~

Well, here is another reason why I dont use ICQ. . . lol. I checked out the deathrow website. It truly is a gaming website. . . Guess whoever did the mass hack liked the site or something. God only knows. What do you guys think about this? was anyone effected by this? Below is the link to the story.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/24161.html
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

funny....you have to love the 'security' that companies advertise for these programs too
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

I myself wasn't affected by it, nor do I know personally anyone who was. 's anyone noticed any specific pattern to the iCQ handles that were cracked? Were they all registered at about the same time, or connected to a specific server at a given point? 's anyone know how this crack was accomplished yet?
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

TechieChick
    Not affected me at all, icq is getting very aimish. bleck.

Currently trying Trillian out, so far so good....turn off sounds,turn off emoticons etc etc. lol

Good link though RogueSpy, thanks!!

I think Rogue spends his whole day watching for things like this
    Nice anyway man... I haven't used ICQ since I put Windoze XP (I know... I know... I'd be running Linux if I wanted to spend the next three years of my life teaching my parents how to use it) on my system... and I don't think I'm going to go back to it.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

What am I supose to do? I have 1 class at college. . . . then I have nothing else to do, so I sit in the open lab and read newz articles, post to AO, and talk on #antionline
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

i like how people still use these programs and trust them. any form of "im" software that has ever been released has been hacked to hell and back with every release. and i suppose that is fine if you are the average user. but what really gets me is sys admins that leave the ports open for programs like aim and icq but will close all other chat ports thinking that aim and such are trust worthy. some just say they do not want to upset their workers who "gotta have their aim". these programs are never secure and have more bugs and exploits than other type of freeware. it is crazy. and instead of improving, each new release just has more features begging to be exploited. if i ever feel the desire to "chat", nothing beats good old ircII.

I only got ICQ when I joined a Diablo clan when I was... what... 13? They said that you had to have it... I maybe logged on once a millenium

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

not only do i apologize that this is waaay on the wrong thread, and I know it's brought up left and right.
    But I apologize to those that I give pos antipoints to, you must be getting those stupid grey pts...for this I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that I still lack permissions to give points
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

Used to love ICQ when I first started chatting, when I was new to all this stuff. (although I still consider myself pretty new - don't know half of what a lot of the users here do)

And yes I loved it - (don't say it).

I used it at work then, to IM co-workers in the until it started bombing my computer, crashing it into oblivion when I was compiling, or running a lot at once. Don't use it anymore, although I have fond memories of ICQ.

It's like love - wonderful at first until you get to know better and have to decide if all the flaws you start finding are worth the effort.

Said good-bye to ICQ.
    ~~ Mindy...HERE

\"It works on MY computer!\"