Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-1 canada

oblio

4-1 canada

oh hoho

for those that don't know, I believe he's talking about the Canada vs. Belarus hockey game (if this still doesn't ring a bell, it's time to get out from under the rock & exit the cave )

Anyhoo, the final was 7-1, although due to class I didn't get to see much of the game.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

oblio
    o canada

Canada women also beat the U.S., congrads.

But why did Gretzky have to go and complain and say everyone hates the Canadian team?
    Why am I still here?

I think Gretzky was just peeved about how Canada is perceived in general, IMHO. Maybe he was venting? I heard about that as well
    I'm just thinking of all the times i've been asked if i live in an igloo. And when calling a well known ticket agency in the US, the representative happily exclaimed "you are our 3rd overseas caller we've had today!" lol
    I'm not bashing americans...i'm half american nationality myself, half canadian...
    but i have to laugh at some of the 'typically canadian stereotypes' that i hear!! not all canadians say 'eh' ...or aboot [about]..lol
    sometimes the winter can be brutal here but in the summer it reaches 40 + and you can't even breath because of the humidity....

it's beautiful here and wonderful people

Banned
    I love maple syrup, I love aunt Jamima, I love the birds and the bees, I love the turning of the trees, but most of all I love you, all of you. Your splender is that of mythical siren, your eyes
    they are the color of uncharted ocean depths. Your hair seems to the woven work of the majestic slikworms. Your ora out shines the sun itself, you are life, you are beauty, I, am so full of ****....hahahahahaha.

firefemme - tell me about it. Been in TO Ott and mtl during the humid times. gasp.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I think what he's complaining about is the fact that (at least we feel) that every possible penalty was called against us, while Sweden got off pretty much without a single call. Canada (and this is proven) has the best hockey players in the world - over 75% of the NHL is Canadian, and we think that maybe they go a little hard on us because of this. Well, anyhow, doesn't bother me much, since I don't really watch hockey. But this is what my friends have said.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

oblio
    firefemme i do live in an igloo

Hi mom!
    Igloos in Nicaragua, Oblio?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.