Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Java or C++?

Java or C++?

Should I pick Java or C++ as my 1st programing language? I have no experense unless u could html/javascript (also DUKE-C) I was going to go for Java but evrything i see about it says it'll be alot easyer to know C++ then goto java then started with java..... so what's evryone think?

-Guerrilla Se7en

I am a cracker
    Should I pick Java or C++ as my 1st programing language? I have no experense unless u could html/javascript (also DUKE-C) I was going to go for Java but evrything i see about it says it'll be alot easyer to know C++ then goto java then started with java..... so what's evryone think?

Personally I would go for java first, then C++

If you are interested in developing websites then learn java. The great thing about is that it is given away free by Sun Microsystems and there are java tutorials and sample code all over the internet. www.google.com

Talking

Just go for both man, as many as possible, yeah start with c++ if you like or perhaps java.
    It doesnt mean that much, if your into the proggie lan/or want to be then do as many as your noogin can handle

html is meant to be the easiest but that is easy and still classed as an 2 is it ?

but yeah, depends what you wanna do....but to be sure then learn as many as possible....

I don't know much about java but I definetely would not start with C++. Prodedural languages are much easier for beginners to learn (C++ is an object oreintated language) so I would suggest starting with C and then progressing to C++.
    A C++ compiler should support C.

If you are looking for tutorials on any language look here.

Here's a good (IMHO) C tutorial.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

what exactly u r aiming to do after learning progarming lang.

which field u ganna use it for ...

what's ur computer back ground ?

give some info , so we can help u chooe
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

oblio
    java is much easier to learn than C++.

Personally,
    I would tell you to choose C++, it is a lot broader and the capabilities in it our amazing. I myself am learning it right now. I have never used any other programming languages, unless you want to call Batch file programming, really programming, and I am having just a fine time working through it. I got the book Beginning C++ from [{Ivor Horting} not sure how to spell but it is a big red book with his picrure in the top left] and that book is very indepth but geared to beginners who know nothing, no offense, on languages.

If you learn Java first that would be okay to, because C++ and Java are a lot a like, but if you are going to be programming anything really big I would say stick to C++ because Java is mostly used on the internet, for applets, but only sometimes for really big programs.
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

From my experience I would start with C++.

Java is fully OO(object oriented), and a little bit harder to grasp than C++. I admit I'm biased because I hate Java...though the platform independant part is really nice. But if you get into C++ to start, then work over to C#....you'll be able to do the broadest amount of programs. Then once you want to learn Java....it'll be nothing for you, mainly since the syntax is the same

hope it helped
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

oblio
    "If you learn Java first that would be okay to, because C++ and Java are a lot a like, but if you are going to be programming anything really big I would say stick to C++ because Java is mostly used on the internet, for applets, but only sometimes for really big programs."

JAVA has been embraced by industry after industry as the primary platform for their development. this website, http://industry.java.sun.com, will prove just that. It is ideal for large projects due to the extensive api and the fact that it is a true object orientated language. Applets are a very small part of Java's uses right now. Sun has really made it so that you can do just about anything in Java. In my experience I have not yet seen, a reason not to use java for just about everything. And don't tell me performance, because a java application compiled with hotspot is mondo fast.

Indeed java is a very useful language with many similarities to c++, yet it has not yet been embraced fully except for use on the internet. More java based desktop applications are coming. I found that java works much better as an object oriented language than vb and can do anything vb can do and more.
    Jealousy consumes the weak.
    http://www.badconnections.net