Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save More HD space (maybe) JP!!!

Save More HD space (maybe) JP!!!

Yeah...there are (I think...I lost count somewhere) over 500 users with profiles that have NEVER posted a single post...let alone read more than ten.

DELETE THEIR ACCOUNTS!!!!

SAVE PRESSIOUS SPACE!!!! (even if saves you a meg or something )

And it's a real pain to sift through users, when all you see are unknowns...with really odd names. Here's a few:
    • 11username11
    • |eet
    • [WebCarnage]

Pretty odd eh? Do they just sign up for the adrenaline rush?
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

It could be that just after they signed up, they fell off the side of the Earth? Hmmm...happened to a friend of mine - it's nasty stuff.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Talk about ruining somebodies day...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I wonder where they've landed???

no seriously...I agree with WebCarnage, while browsing through the members list..it's rediculous how many people have signed up to take a single days look
    this isn't day camp, perhaps implementing something like hotmail...auto deleting an account if not used for an extented period of time??
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

Yeah, I also do totally agree with WebCarnage. Something like 'auto delete' would be useful and save space, but what could the conditions be? Should it just be based on time - such as if you don't post in 3 months - your off?? Or should there be other factors??

Any ideas or suggestions?

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

I think for newbies it should be more apt to delete...but then once you begin to establish yourself your record can be left untouched for a longer period of time
    then once you're a senior member, it no longer autodeletes. i.e some newbie signs up and forgets about the site, they're gone. But for REMOTE_ACCESS_, if he does end up leaving us for a while, his profile will still be here when he returns
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

Banned
    Some people sign up for the downloads or other features, some had to for IRC whne that damn bot thing had you signing in and well they just arent interested in the forums.

I feel that it should deppend on whether or not the user reads and replyes to forums, coz I don't really post mutch (Don't have any thing interesting to share) but I reply with my view point's.....
    And the Download list should be free and un-restricted like it was back when this was called Anticode.....
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Banned
    I already suggested that in this thread, JP didnt respond, hope you have better luck

huh? delete users??

so this is my first post, althought i registered back in 2001 something ... I use my account to download, I also read lots of your posts !! but I haven't got the time to post anything cause hey I got to work... I make programs for storage systems and automatic picking systems. So most of the time I am at computers its cause I have to earn money... ;-) So plz don't delete useres that dont post anything ... >:-( maybe they just haven't got the time to post ...

keep up the good work jp and all you posters keep on posting! I love to read 'em and also learn alot...

cu ret0