Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: License Expiring

Angry License Expiring

Can anyone help extend my on-line software license that is about to expire?
    Without turning the clock back on my computer - which doesn't work.

not knowing anything else about your system: If it is old turn back the bios clock first, then your os's clock is one way. Uninstall the sw and reinstall it. Buy the program.

Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

rattle.

best is to buy it
    of course you can also
    uninstall
    clean registry
    reinstall

some proggies dig deaper
    maybe you need a uninstalling sw

hope this helps
    Valentino

Thanks for the Advise

Originally posted here by gold eagle
    not knowing anything else about your system: If it is old turn back the bios clock first, then your os's clock is one way. Uninstall the sw and reinstall it. Buy the program.

Running year old Presario 800 mhz, Windows Me. There is a License Control folder in Control Panels that tracks the
    software license time left. I can't get into it and mess with it. The vendor requires you to pay a fee then log on to them and dowload this
    control deal. That's what I need to change. They sold me the software license orginally at $99 a year, which
    was okay, but then changed the deal to $400 for the same thing when it expires - total rip-off. Leaving me and a bunch onf other people
    out to dry unless we fork over the bucks.

Thanks for any other suggestions.

What application is it? What does it do? Maybe there is a better (cheaper) way to go.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    - if you can, take out the licence control thing if you can using the add/remove programs in control panel

- check the registry if the under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software for the company's name and chances are, there would be a string value for the date you installed it. modify that value.

(if you are new to the registry try http://hackingtruths.box.sk , or http://blacksun.box.sk . iam sure you'll find some help on registry on those sites.)

those are the only things i can think of.

hope it helps you.

Originally posted here by blackh0le
    - if you can, take out the licence control thing if you can using the add/remove programs in control panel

- check the registry if the under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software for the company's name and chances are, there would be a string value for the date you installed it. modify that value.

(if you are new to the registry try http://hackingtruths.box.sk , or http://blacksun.box.sk . iam sure you'll find some help on registry on those sites.)

those are the only things i can think of.

hope it helps you.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try sources you suggest.

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    What application is it? What does it do? Maybe there is a better (cheaper) way to go.

The app is Movie Magic Budgeting 5.6 through CreativePlanet.com They keep changing the way they market the
    program, but it's the only one of its type out there that the industry uses.

Interesting software. Slightly specialized, huh? Couldn't make it easy on us, could you?? I'll ask around.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    Interesting software. Slightly specialized, huh? Couldn't make it easy on us, could you?? I'll ask around.

I may be a Newb, but I appreciate talent....
    Thanks